Are you harmful to your own hair?

fairyhairy

Ok to break it down when ever i do my on hait i seem to have lots of breakage and dryness, starting to think its best just to go to a good salon and let them do it, Tbh feel like i'll never reach my goals if i keep doing my own hair, thing like roller setting and braidinf is beyond me, just wish i was deft at it like you ladies!! seriously when i roller set i want to cry! tried wrapping my hair xan.t even do that urggh, considering do a short course in hair dressing basics!

Rant over xxx:wallbash:

lol ranting so much can't even spell!

Last edited:
Yes at this point in the game I am no longer self relaxing and coloring. I am going to a professional for that. Also, I have weaved it up for the remainder of the winter. When my hair gets a certain length, that is when I damage it. I just can't seem to manage it the longer, thicker it gets.

its like i need a master class in hair, and practice but not on my own head lol. one of those dolls, honestly if money wasn.t an issue, i go to the salon twice a week and let them deal with it! Not saying i don't want to know how, its just frustrating every time i want to do something and fail miserably:ohwell:
i try watching and ask loads of questions but still not getting it! I understand the basics but my hair never feels moisturized when i do it myself, and little things start getting me down like thinning edges, its like waking up everyday hoping a light will turn on and my journey will begin!

lol ranting so much can't even spell!

:lachen:

If you don't try to do your hair you'll never learn. Just keep learning and asking questions. If you don't do your own hair you might experience set-backs. Rollersetting is one of those things where practice makes perfect.

Oh and think of all that money you'll save if you do your own hair! 2x a week at the salon huh? Shoot, can I do your hair? LOL $$$ cha ching $$$

Back