Are there different types of flat twists?

sweetcocoa

Are flat twists the same as 2 strand flat twists(is there even such a thing as 2 strand flat twists)? I love this look and want to do this with my own hair. I can cornrow(?)(not very well...I need to practice more...but I end up pulling out a lot of my hair). Is it similar to that? Can you all give me some tips on how to do them? I am totally lost in this area...and I want to be able to do my own hair and my son's braids. I would practice on his head...but he's seen my 'handy work' and said 'no way! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sweetcocoa said:
Are flat twists the same as 2 strand flat twists(is there even such a thing as 2 strand flat twists)? I love this look and want to do this with my own hair. I can cornrow(?)(not very well...I need to practice more...but I end up pulling out a lot of my hair). Is it similar to that? Can you all give me some tips on how to do them? I am totally lost in this area...and I want to be able to do my own hair and my son's braids. I would practice on his head...but he's seen my 'handy work' and said 'no way! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Sweetcocoa!

On NC.com try doing a search on flat twists. On nappturality.com a member gave the specific url for the nc.com member that gave step by step instructions on how to do these. I'll try the search myself and if I find it I will be sure to post it here.

Asha /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Asha97 said:
sweetcocoa said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Sweetcocoa!

On NC.com try doing a search on flat twists. On nappturality.com a member gave the specific url for the nc.com member that gave step by step instructions on how to do these. I'll try the search myself and if I find it I will be sure to post it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a search on nc.com, and there are just too many posts to review. When nappturality.com is back online I will obtain the url for you and post it here. The instructions were very good.

Asha97 said:
Asha97 said:
sweetcocoa said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Sweetcocoa!

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a search on nc.com, and there are just too many posts to review. When nappturality.com is back online I will obtain the url for you and post it here. The instructions were very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetcocoa, as promised!

HTH!

http://bb.naturallycurly.com//Forum1/HTML/010999.html

Thanks Asha! I'm on my way over there now. I'm gonna try to do some over the weekend. I'll let you know how I do. Thanks again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back