Are my ends really from 2004???? I dont believe it....

LOL, this is a weird one,,, I calculated by how long my hair is how old it must be and since my actual hair is 18 inches and some parts longer( it hangs inches longer , but i measured the actual strands on the sides of my head) that would make the ends from summer of 2004 even tho ive trimmed TONS since then, this positively baffles me!!! I didnt stop relaxing till sept 05 and thatmeans i still have a years worth of relaxer in there!!???:nono::wallbash:,,, I cannot believe this is true, there is no part of my hair that appears to have any relaxer left in it, i trimmed alll the thin straight stuff off and all my hair is curly,,, i cant imagine how this is logically possible...... the only theory i have is that i grow way more than 6 inches in a year and so that gave me the chance to trim away all of the perm ,, ill be damned... anyone have any ideas on this.... im very puzzled.... and scared that i do still have perm in there.......

well see, i dont know if thats what i did???! if i did ill be damned, i had no idea i could grow that quickly LOL but its the only way i could have that much unrelaxed hair since i dont think hair can unrelax itself or who knows...?,,, im gonna have to monitor my growth more closely from now on and see how much i get in a month.....

Funny this thread came up, I have had my hair coloured in Jan 2005, by hair is approx 8 inches long, yet I can still see about an inch in some places of brown coloured hair... :ohwell: :nono: so that means I grow less than 4 inches of hair a year.... well less b/c I wasn't bald when I coloured my hair. I'm confused. :perplexed

Last edited:
See that's what I thought, that I only grow about four inches a year, becuase I had color in there and a year later only four to five inches of new growth. But guess what? I cut the color off and a year later (now) I'm at six+ inches of growth and counting.

So I think the color really damaged my scalp, I remember it really burned. So anyways I just chuck it up to me having healthy hair and scalp now so that's why I get more growth. I will never color my hair again.

this is all really confusing to me lol, kisskiss are u positive u havent had breakage at your ends which could be why u think u have less than 4 inches...? many ppl will say that their hair wont grow when in fact its growing just fine but the ends are breaking just as fast so the growth never shows.... as for me , i am still baffled as to how i still have 2004 ends becuz that implies a whole year of relaxer left which just cannot be possible,, ALL my hair is curly and ive cut so much, 2004 was when i started self relaxing so maybe i did bad jobs that never took! lol and thats why the relaxer wore off??????

Back