April 9, 10 & 11th - What Are Your Hair Plans?

JJamiah

HAPPY THURSDAY LHCF!!!!! :grin:

This website made my day today. Seeing all the love and knowing the great women of color whose eyes graze this forum for the same purpose and we aren't bashing each other, ahhhhh, Spring, I get all mushy. I truly love you ladies. :bighug:

ANYWHO Ladies

Last week I colored my hair, clarified my hair, put nexxus in and steamed my Ion Extreme Moisture with PC.

THIS WEEK I am leaving my hair alone! Just to test myself.......

What are your hair plans?

Apr 10- Pre poo with Fenugreek/coconut oil/garlic concoction
Wash with Arnica and Ginseng poo (watered dwn)
Wet Bun and Air dry

Apr 11- Light Protein DC follow up with moisture DC
Wet bun and Air dry
Moisturize with Natures blessings hair pomade and coconut oil
Corn row or bun for the week

I'm starting a new job Monday, so I have a hair appt Sat to tackle these roots with a flat iron. I figured I've give them a look of the straight look before they see me in straight buns and twist out style.

taking out this weave is whats bout to happen on the 9th,10th,11th i've had it in for 5-6 months now:look: time for a new one ...my lil friend told me lilmsjanet i know your hair is growing cause when you first put your weave in it was in the front of your head now its all the way in the back:rolleyes:...........yeah somethings gotta be done:giggle:

the newgrowth is a actin a fool:grin:

Saturday:

Restorative Hair Treatment (Pre-Poo in a Jar)
Co-Wash with Nutrine Garlic Conditioner
Quick 3 minute Nexxus Keraphix
Hendigo *will mix Henna & Indigo* wrap in Saran Wrap and let sit 4 hours
Rinse with VO5, Suave or White Rain *All purchased for Henna Rinsing*DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
Rinse, apply Vial of Matrix Ceramides
PC
Apply Leave-In and Dry under Dryer:yep:

Since I didn't put my yarn braids in this week, I'm just going to be wearing my box braids that I did yesterday. My own hair. It's a very interesting look.:lol:

I want to curl my hair this weekend. I curled it last week with a curling iron and it looked nice on the day and at night I pinned the curls down with a bobby pin, put my scarf on and went to bed. When I woke up, the curls were flat and hard (I think because of the heat protectant) and the curls were poo.

Now I want to curl my hair with magnetic rollers, flexi rods, pillow soft rollers or pin curls. I just want to know how to maintain the curls overnight.
I have pillow soft rollers but they're not satin covered. Would they suck the moisture from my hair?

Sunday

DC on dry hair with Silicon mix proteina de pearla/ Aphogee 2 minute for 10 mins w/ heat
Shampoo scalp with Tresemme anti breakge
Rinse with Tresemme naturals that i mixed with Avocado oil + a little Glycerin
add HE LTR/ Chi Keratin + w/e oil
Air dry in some kinda style.

Last edited:
I got a sew-in installed last week, so I'll just be maintaining it. I've been using simple products that won't cause too much build up, and I washed earlier in the week.

B/c of your thread about steaming, I think I'm going to go to the hairdresser this wknd and use the steamer w/ Silicon Pearl conditioner :lol:

I'm not sure. Saturday's my birfday and I want to look cute but it's monsoon season here in Chicago. And I've been liking these pigtails I've been sporting around the house a bit too much lol! Friday I may co-wash with some Hair One Olive Oil samples, DC with Silicon Mix then rollerset. Today I'm going to experiment with some old Clairol hot rollers from the eighties that my Mom brought over on Easter.

I want to curl my hair this weekend. I curled it last week with a curling iron and it looked nice on the day and at night I pinned the curls down with a bobby pin, put my scarf on and went to bed. When I woke up, the curls were flat and hard (I think because of the heat protectant) and the curls were poo.

Now I want to curl my hair with magnetic rollers, flexi rods, pillow soft rollers or pin curls. I just want to know how to maintain the curls overnight.
I have pillow soft rollers but they're not satin covered. Would they suck the moisture from my hair?

I'm with you. Maintaining curls overnight completely eludes me. I've tried making one big pin curl in but that just leaves a slight bump and odd waves. I'll keep trying though. And I think I hate re-rolling every night more than sleeping in them.

4/9 - Pre poo with Mane and Tail Original
Poo with Silk Elements
Condition with Silk Elements
DC with Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango
Air dry overnight

4/10- Flat Iron and Dust ends
* Maybe braid out or twist out. I have thin ends and hate the way they look. Cutting those thin ends little by little.

Last edited:
B/c of your thread about steaming, I think I'm going to go to the hairdresser this wknd and use the steamer w/ Silicon Pearl conditioner :lol:
:clap::clapping::yay::weird: I want a review :yep:

I'm not sure. Saturday's my birfday and I want to look cute but it's monsoon season here in Chicago. And I've been liking these pigtails I've been sporting around the house a bit too much lol! Friday I may co-wash with some Hair One Olive Oil samples, DC with Silicon Mix then rollerset. Today I'm going to experiment with some old Clairol hot rollers from the eighties that my Mom brought over on Easter.

:bouncy::birthday2

Happy Birfday :)

It's time for a protein treatment. I'm going to Clarify, Aphogee 2 step, Nexxus Emergencee, Deep condition and then do a braid out for the weekend.

I haven't done a braid out in a while because I've just been bunning and wearing pony tails.

I feel like wearing my hair out.

:clap::clapping::yay::weird: I want a review :yep:

LOL ! I use to use the steamer years ago and I loved it. The salon that had it closed down, and the other salon that I know that has one sometimes it's not working, so I'm hoping it's working this Saturday ... I love a good steam treatment :yep:

4/9: DC on dry hair w/ AO white camelia (1/2 hour w/ heat)
Shampoo w/ CON green label
5 min condish w/ Tropical Cinnamon Rinse + wheat germ oil + molasses
Cowash w/ J/A/S/O/N Apricot condish
Rollerset w/ HE LTR leave in and a little oil.
Flat iron roots
Put in a bun w/ a decorative hair fork.

I'm going to co-wash w/ suave humectant (i never used this before) and dc w/ hask placenta olive oil n henna condish mixed w/ elasta qp intense moisture for about 30 mins w/ heat. Lightly blowdry w/ chi silk infusion and cornrow my hair and put my half wig on. I'm trying not to use heat but I'm noticing that I am losing more hair now since going heat free.

Wash and go Friday
Protein treatment Friday night
Experiment with twists Friday
If fail, wash and go Saturday and Sunday

I will be taking pics of my shake n go that really turned out great today!!! I'm so happy! So I will be straight cowashing ere'day this weekend and wearing my pretty coils.

I just did a DC w/Silicon Mix Bambu (thanx 4 the review), I'm good on the DC tip.

Saturday will be 1 week since I've had my crochet braids in. So Sunday I'll be washing and DCing and praying that the hair isn't left a frizzy, matted up mess *fingers crossed*

Relaxing on Saturday. Want to use Linange lye, but I'm chicken and my scalp is acting up, so I think it'll be Linange no-lye.

Mid-step with Sebastian penetratt (should I add a vial of cera-pro here or after neutalizing?)
DC w/Una protein treatment
Rollerset

Not self-relaxing, instructor @ the hair school is since I've had BKT in past.

Relaxing on Saturday. Want to use Linange lye, but I'm chicken and my scalp is acting up, so I think it'll be Linange no-lye.

Mid-step with Sebastian penetratt (should I add a vial of cera-pro here or after neutalizing?)
Rollerset

I use mine as a Final Step right before I seal everything in with my Porosity Control.

For me, it's that last step before I seal everything in when I close my Cuticle with the PC.:yep:

But now that you mention it....everything is open/exposed at that point. *I wish I woulda' thought of that...I woulda' tried it then.*

Some folx mixed their's into their conditioner(s). I've never tried it that way.:ohwell:

Last edited:

Rollerset

That sure is a lot of protein, friend -

I would do the cera-pro in lieu of the Seabastian (maybe use it your 1st shampoo after relaxing) the midstep would be the best time to incorporate any type of "ceramide" conditioner...are u using any type of moisturizing dc?

Wash n go in different styles this weekend on my semi-TWA. I may do one in a mohawk. Also, I plan to swim so I will be clarifying and deep conditioning afterward.

Yes, I thinking of just using Ceramic Hydra, and skip Sebastian. Ive never tried Porosity control, but its at the school so ill give it a go - after neutalizing.

UNA protein treatment is not a heavy reconstructor, Ph 4.0-5.0.

with the suggestion I'll follow up w/ biolage hydratherapie conditioner

Last edited:
Back