Apohogee 2-min Reconstructor

LadyCee

Hey guys. Quick Q. I have cornrows in and I want to keep it for ab 2 more weeks but I dont want to lose alot hair when I take it out. Can I use the Apohogee 2mn with my braids? How do u apply it and how often? Please reply.

Hi Cleo, this is my first post but I think it is dangerous to use wash out protein treatment while in braids. If residue of the Aphogee gets stuck under your braids then that will equal breakage. How about trying a leave in protein treatment instead?

To be honest, I use it at every wash and it seems to keep my hair from breaking. I have a lot less hair in the sink, floor and in my comb since using this weekly. This is how I use it:

1. wash w/poo
2. rinse with rinse (lol)
3. put in aphogee 2 min. reconstructor, cover with plastic cap and let sit 5 minutes
4. put in deep conditioner and sit under dryer

I think you should have no problems using it while you have cornrows. I think you won't have a lot of breakage either when you take out your braids.

Kacie said:
Hi Cleo, this is my first post but I think it is dangerous to use wash out protein treatment while in braids. If residue of the Aphogee gets stuck under your braids then that will equal breakage. How about trying a leave in protein treatment instead?

I was thinking after I take the raids out?

Have you checked out Robin the Hair Lady's site (growafrohairlong)? When I'm in braids I use Surge 14 or Fermodyl 619 Extra Strength as a protein leave in after using diluted moisturizing poo and con. What is your current regi while in braids? What specific products are you using?

im washing 1x a week and pre-poo and DC eveyother week but Im using ORS and wasnt sure if i could use Apohogee 2min once I take the rads out completely since I fgured it would be a good idea after its been in for ab 3weeks to a month wat u thinking...

Sorry, I thought you wanted to use the Aphogee while you were still in the braids. It's a great idea to use the 2mn after removing your braids. I usually apply it for about 10 minutes while in the shower every other week. Make sure to follow with a moisturizing con. Aphogee 2min is the perfect choice because it is not too drying(heavy).

After I apply the Apohogee 2min can U just apply my regular conditioner which is ORS replenshing conditioner or apohogee conditoner or a specific one does it really matter?

myztiquecleo said:
After I apply the Apohogee 2min can U just apply my regular conditioner which is ORS replenshing conditioner or apohogee conditoner or a specific one does it really matter?

You want to go with something REALLY moisturizing such as ORS replenishing. But to some people think the protein in that makes their hair hard too. So make sure you use something that your hair considers moisturizing.

Okay thanks! I need to do a protein treatment but I don't think it's serious enough for the strong treatment.

Back