Aphogee 2-Step Users (One More Chance)

Smiley79

I think I have moisture overload ladies. After nursing my hair back to better health and stopping the dramatic breakage that occured after I had applied the Aphogee 2-Step improperly back in October, I'm ready to try it again. (I've been noticing a different type of breakage lately and my hair is limp, mushy and stretchy) I tried the Aphogee 2-Min for the past couple weeks and I don't see a big difference; I'm getting a relaxer next week after a 10 week stretch so I am looking forward to the 2-step just in time for my relaxer next week. My questions are:

Should I clarify before using the 2-Step?

I have read on the board that Aphogee balancer-conditioner is not strong enough. Do you stil use it and then follow with your choice of DC? What brands would you recommend to use in replacement of that? What I did wrong last time is that I did not DC at all afterwards (that was pre-LHCF:nono:)? Is Aubrey Organics HoneySuckle Rose good enough to use after the 2-Step? I ran completely out of my Keracare Humecto. I loved how the Aphogee 2-Step left my hair feeling when I last used it, but man oh man did I pay the price for not DCing afterwards!!!! Breakage Galore!

Any other tips or advice will be greatly appreciated....

Last edited:
I tried it for the first time last week after pouring through many reviews from this board. I was so paranoid and worried but the results were phenomenol for me! I used a clarifying shampoo (nexxus aloe rid) and then applied the aphogee EXACTLY as stated on the package. I used a hand dryer and because my hair is rather thin it dried in about 20 minutes. I have heard it takes some others much longer. I then applied the aphogee conditioner (step 2) and then deep conditioned with ORS replenishing pack for 20-30 mins. I then followed with a leave in (it was either infusium or fermadyl 619 as those are the only ones I had before getting on this board) and blow dried my hair straight. The change in the breakage was clear instantly and my hair was very soft (i felt it was soft after the aphogee conditioner, but still DCed with ORS). I plan to stretch out my next relaxer to coincide with the next time I can use Aphogee again so I can see the difference it makes (if any) for when I get a touch up. Keep us posted and good luck :yawn:

Thank you sooooo much PP and JD. I have a full bottle of Aubrey Organisc HSR and 1 packet of ORS....so, I'll figure out which one of the two to use after using the Aphogee Balancer. Thanks again..I'll post my results when I do it this wknd.

Back