Anyone use Paul Mitchell super charged moisturizer?(review)

amy1234

I decided to use it again after having it stored under my bathroom cabinet for sometime now. The first thing that I noticed was that there was no mineral oil in it...so after I washed my hair and applied the conditioner my hair felt extremeley conditioned -soft and moisturized- and this was right after I had applied it. I let it condition my hair for about 45min under a shower cap and wrap it with a towel to hold in my body heat.
While I was rinsing, I detangled with a wide tooth comb and there were only 2-3 strands in the comb after. Now usually I get up to 15-20 hairs in my comb after using dominican conditioner that have mineral oil in them.
I just remove my rollers after rollersetting and my hair feels extra soft and conditioned. I remember that I used to use this conditioner faithfully when I was relaxed straight but slepped on it until now. And now that I am running low on my dom. conditioners I think I will continue to use the paul mitchell supercharged moisturizer.

This conditioner is a great alternative to the dominican conditioners.

BTW does anyone know if this conditioner contains silicones??;)

Last edited:
curlybun said:
I decided to use it again after having it stored under my bathroom cabinet for sometime now. The first thing that I noticed was that there was no mineral oil in it...so after I washed my hair and applied the conditioner my hair felt extremeley conditioned -soft and moisturized- and this was right after I had applied it. I let it condition my hair for about 45min under a shower cap and wrap it with a towel to hold in my body heat.
While I was rinsing, I detangled with a wide tooth comb and there were only 2-3 strands in the comb after. Now usually I get up to 15-20 hairs in my comb after using dominican conditioner that have mineral oil in them.
I just remove my rollers after rollersetting and my hair feels extra soft and conditioned. I remember that I used to use this conditioner faithfully when I was relaxed straight but slepped on it until now. And now that I am running low on my dom. conditioners I think I will continue to use the paul mitchell supercharged moisturizer.

This conditioner is a great alternative to the dominican conditioners.

BTW does anyone know if this conditioner contains silicones??;)

When I went to the Hair Cuttery last week for my touch up, my stylist HIGHLY recommended PM products across the board. And it wasn't just a salon product sell - because she recommended them OVER and ABOVE Nexxus, Biolage, Redken and all the rest (Kenra was the only exception she made - but they didn't sell that there). She said PM products are THE superior salon brand for ethnic hair. :) I'm planning on restocking the PM Supercharged when I run out of my new conditioners. I'm gonna check out a few of their other too. I haven't used their maintenance products in a LOOOONG time.

I used the Daily Mositure Conditioner yesterday and my hair is BUTTERY soft today. :)

I just used PM Supercharged for the first time last weekend. I only left it in for 15 minutes, but I was pleased.

Tracy said:
I used the Daily Mositure Conditioner yesterday and my hair is BUTTERY soft today. :)

How did you use this Tracy?I recently used it and got hard,tangled,dry hair.I used it for 5 mins no heat.

hey curlybun, i am glad you like the PM moisturizing conditioner......and may i add that the PM detangler (a rinse) works excellent as well!!!!!

I'm glad you posted about this.. I bought some last week because DJD raved about it.. and I used it earlier today. My hair isnt completely dry yet so I can't give a final verdict yet-- but putting it on was like BUTTER, when I rinsed it out my hair was so SLIPPERY and smooth--- this might just MIGHT replace my beloved Humectress-- yall know I am the number ONE Nexxus Advocate -- so you know this stuff MUST be pretty good! :)

I love this conditioner I used Pm products exclusively for years. My hair always felt noticeably stronger after I used the supercharged.

I always felt like the Pm products had been custom made for my hair. So I co sign with Tracy's post :)

hmmm....now I'm contemplating switching my regimen by using only paul mitchell products!! this is crazy!! I already have so many hair products, I think I will try to sell my collection of hair procucts in the near future and stick with the pm line. I also just purchased the superchared moisturizing shampoo because it contains similar ingredients as the moisturizing conditioner.
Sherry love it looks like I will also be purchasing the detangler as well.
I just want whats best for my hair (very frustrated!!).

*shaking my fist to the LHCF* Dang it, why must you tempt me?!?!?!?! Well PM will have to wait a couple of years or so since I have the liter size of Humectress. Now Humectress hasn't done me wrong yet (I like it with heat myself) but that PM sounds interesting. Same deal with Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm.

I've always spoke highly of PM products on this board. I love every single PM product that I have used. When I use PM products my hair feels much more moisturized than when I don't. I switch from drug store brands to PM and Redken and noticed a big difference especially when I use PM products. The supercharged conditioner is WONDERFUL as well as the moisture shampoo and conditioner. I always keep 2 of the bigger bottles of the supercharged on hand. Also, if you really like the moisture line then you will absolutely love the Skinny line. I have used so many products/lines salon and drugstore and PM is in my top three of all.

What are the shampoos like? I want to try to poo the Super Charged Moisturzier. Has anyone tried the Hair Repair Treatment? That website Buffalo posted sure looks tempting :D

Just my experience but I much prefered shampoo one to the awapuhi even though that is supposed to be more moisturising. I used shampoo one for years and washed my hair every other day.

The hair repair treatment is a reconstructor and I preferred the super charged cos my hair felt softer. But back then I didnt know about protein etc - its a good product.
They had another conditioner called 'The Masque' which is GREAT but very expensive. I think they stopped making it.

And the leave in conditioner (The conditioner) is a truly beautiful thing IMO.

But everyones hair is different cos I've known other people who dont like the products.

The Hair Repair is a protein treatment that is very creamy it is like Keraphix. I think though that it has less protein in that my hair does not feel as strong as when I use Keraphix but it leaves my hair very soft for a protein treatment. I love the Super Skinny line. It is the best for taking care of detangling, moisture and soft hair all at once.

Thanks Buffalo and Cutebajangirl ;)
I ordered the Super Charged and the Hair Repair Treatment. Buffalo which poo are u referring to ? Also I don't see the Moisture poo on just4hair.com.

cutebajangirl said:
The Hair Repair is a protein treatment that is very creamy it is like Keraphix. I think though that it has less protein in that my hair does not feel as strong as when I use Keraphix but it leaves my hair very soft for a protein treatment. I love the Super Skinny line. It is the best for taking care of detangling, moisture and soft hair all at once.

Have u tried the Skinny Line poo ? Is it pretty good, moisturizing ?

Britt- I use the Super Skinny poo and con together. When I uce them seperately I dont get the same results. I dont find the poo to be anything special on its own.

I took back my Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm because it gave ultra dryness and tangles. I exchanged it for a couple PM products (The Wash & Daily Instant Moisture Conditioner ) and I already used the Paul Mitchell SCM. I love them all! I was pleasantly surprised with how good they worked on my hair. I'm trying to find a way to incorperate them into my regimen. I was only using Kenra and Nexxus but I have to find a way to get these products in too. I have to find out if they have a leave in conditioner and I'll be all set.

Tracy said:
About 3 hours , no heat. :lol:

Haaa, u sound like me. I leave my moisturizing conditioners on for 2 hrs. with a plastic cap and turbie towel while I do house work and other nonsense :lol:.

CBG.. so the poo is nothing special huh. Well I can't wait to try my conditioners when they come :D

I think they need to be used together which is funny because normally I ignore the poos that come with conditioners. When I use either seperately I do not get a good effect. You can buy a small size or you can cancel your plans and come to the get together :poke: and I'll give you some. :lol:

Britt said:
What are the shampoos like? I want to try to poo the Super Charged Moisturzier. Has anyone tried the Hair Repair Treatment? That website Buffalo posted sure looks tempting :D
I used the Hair Repair Treatment years ago and hated it. I may have been that I did not follow up with a moisturizing treatment :ohwell:

SherryLove said:
hey curlybun, i am glad you like the PM moisturizing conditioner......and may i add that the PM detangler (a rinse) works excellent as well!!!!!

hi sherry, were you reffering to the lite detangler (spray) or the "rinse" ??

I use The Detangler (creme rinse). I have used it for years. It is the best detanger I have every tried. The comb just glides right thru my hair. I give it to the shampoo person before they comb thru my hair.

This is the only product I have tried from PM. I have a travel size that I bring to the salon and a very large size I keep at home and refil.

Thanks for the responses ladies, ya'll can keep the reviews coming :D
I tried the Hair Repair Treatment 9 years ago and didn't know anything really about hair, all I knew was my hair looked really full for a few days.

I also agree that PM is one of the best salon brands for ethnic hair. The first time you use their products your hair may feel dry, but if you continue to use the products you will love them. You have to be careful with the Hair Repair Treatment, if you apply it with a heavy hand and don't follow up with a good moisture treatment your hair will be dry and/or hard. I usually use a quarter size amount of the hair repair and mix it with a good amount of the supercharged conditioner, and my hair feels soft, moisturized and stronger at the same time when I rinse it out.

Back