Anyone Tried EBENE Products Yet?

MissYocairis

Has anyone tried EBENE products yet? I read an article on the founder of Ebene products at naturallycurly.com and was intrigued so I went to the productline website. Some of her poos look really interesting to me....***pj awakening*** :cool:
www.ebenenaturals.com
Check this out...

url]

Conditioning Herbal Rinse

In Haiti, women often rinse their hair with herbs to strengthen, deep condition and promote hair growth. Our conditioning herbal rinse offers an alternative way of naturally conditioning and strengthen your hair. Use this herbal conditioning rinse instead of a conditioner. Make an infusion to pour through your hair as a final rinse. Do not rinse out. This formulation has been in my family for quite some time now. It is my ultimate favorite. Comes with a free muslin bag.

:eek: :eek: She's got a jojoba AND a shea butter shampoo that have no sodium laurel sulfate or lauryl sulfate. They are castile and aloe based. And, she's got an "HERBAL VINEGAR RINSE" that lowers the ph in damaged/chemically treated hair!!!! :eek: (Yo', it takes 6 weeks to make the vinegar rinse!)

Look at the product description for her "Scalp Serum"

Essential Scalp Serum

After my father's death in 2000, my hair fell quite a bit, and after having my son in 2001, things did not slow down due to hormonal change. I flushed toilet bowls full of hair almost on a daily basis. I formulated this scalp serum to fix the problem. It is rich in essential fatty acids, minerals and vitamins that will nourish the scalp and strengthen the root of the hair . I am happy to say that since I have been using it, my hair loss has gone down to normal. I no longer fill the toilet bowl or the bathtub drain. *Please allow two weeks to a month before seeing results. Skeptical, start with the 1/2 once bottle. :-)
Ingredients: borage oil, jojoba oil, sesame oil, tamanu oil, essential oils of carrot seed, black pepper, basil, sage and other essential oils know for their restorative properties.

I tried he rproducts before (the hair & scalp conditioner & olive milk). Her products were ok but the service left more to be desired. It took forever to get my products. I had to call and leave messages, and when they finally arrived I had to go out of my way to the post office to pick them up. It was a pain. After that I just decided that it really wasn't worth it and I started making my own butters along with shopping with other vendors like qhemetbiologics which has better service. If I ever DO decide to purchase from ebene again- it will be through naturallycurly.com where they have a better handle on customer service.

I have used the Hair & Scalp Conditioner before and I tried one of her body oils. The hair and scalp conditioner was okay, nothing to write home about. The body oil broke me out. I also did not care for the way the products smelled. The customer service is bad, so I stopped ordering.

natstar said:
I tried he rproducts before (the hair & scalp conditioner & olive milk). Her products were ok but the service left more to be desired. It took forever to get my products. I had to call and leave messages, and when they finally arrived I had to go out of my way to the post office to pick them up. It was a pain. After that I just decided that it really wasn't worth it and I started making my own butters along with shopping with other vendors like qhemetbiologics which has better service. If I ever DO decide to purchase from ebene again- it will be through naturallycurly.com where they have a better handle on customer service.

Really? See....this is why I love LHCF....I would have shampoo and conditioner bottles in my kitchen cabinets if I couldn't consult with LHCF before making a purchase.
:look:

nikki1971 said:
I have used the Hair & Scalp Conditioner before and I tried one of her body oils. The hair and scalp conditioner was okay, nothing to write home about. The body oil broke me out. I also did not care for the way the products smelled. The customer service is bad, so I stopped ordering.

So glad for your feedback...I was about to drop a pretty penny on her website....I'll pull back the reigns a bit. :bud: Anyone else got input on Ebene?

OMG, I'm so glad that you started this thread because I tried to order some products from Ebene Naturals in Sept., but two weeks later I got my money order back in the mail and the envelope was marked "Ebene Naturals Moved Left No Address Unable To Foward; Return To Sender". :( I took the money order back to the Post Office and got a refund, but now that I'm hearing that the products really aren't all that, I'm kinda' glad that my money order did come back. That was probably a blessing in disguise. :up: :up:

I used to be a fairly regular customer of hers. She has some good produts but I must say the CS and shipping SUCKS big time. It wasnt as bad a couple of years ago but over time has gotten worse. I ordered something one time that took so long to ship that I had actually forgot that I ordered it. When I initially did not get it after like a month I just assumed I wasnt gonna get it and moved on. It arrive a couple weeks later which was almost 2 months after I originally ordered it :eek: And then it didnt have the MAIN thing I wanted which was the sweet potatoe soap.... Based on the bad shipping I have since just made up my own version of the soap that is just as good and much cheaper :p

So again the products are good but I would have to given them a thumbs down on service!

Man! :cool: I am so glad you guys have posted! See, THIS is why I LOVE LHCF! :D I was about to DROP some DOLLAS on that site! I had stuff 4 my hair, stuff 4 my skin, stuff 4 my S.O.....! I would have been one SALTY chic if my things had not been delivered in a timely fashion! WHEW! Close call! :p

If anyone out there has had a GOOD experience, please speak up NOW! (though, I doubt I would risk it) I hate to bash a sister, and it's really unfortunate because I was looking forward to supporting her venture. But, I am not PAID enough to be throwing money around on a gamble. :ohwell:

I started using Ebene products back in 2001 when I read about it in Essence. The customer service was good at the time and the products were very good and high quality. Last year I did experience a slight problem with the customer service because Fayola was going through some dramatic personal problems with her ex-husband. She sent an email to all of her customers explaining the problem and how it affected her ability to deliver products in a timely manner, etc.

She had to move unexpectedly and not publish her address due to issues with her ex-husband. Sounds like some of the customers got caught in the crossfire. She has some stores around the country so her other customers were probably able to get her products but I know he was coming up to the store threatening her life so she may have closed it down for a bit.

I think things are closer to back to normal now. Give the sister another chance.

Yes, I remember she did announce that she was experiencing domestic abuse problems from her ex husband.

I had good customer service from her and even spoke with her on the phone before all of her problems started. She was very nice and at the time it was a home based business, then she opened a shop. I hope things have improved for her.

I used the scalp therapy and I really liked it. I used it in place of the Nixon Follicle Booster and it works very well. I did not like the smell of shea butter though--it smelled kind of burnt, but I've run into that with other shea butter items from different companies and just stopped using it altogether.

My sister used the baby balm on my neice religiously and she never got rashes and skin was very soft and smoot.

I would give it a try (expecially the scalp therapy or scalp serum) and I think you can now order her products at Naturallycurly.com.

I tried ordering through her website last year, and cancelled my order after about 4 weeks of waiting and many e-mails to her trying to get an update. I may revisit her products throught Naturallycurly.com. I was very interested in her body products.

On a different note: I'm experiencing the same thing with Shea Terra Organcis. Two emails, and no repsone. One phone call and someone disconnected me after being on hold. They charged my credit card on 2/14, and I still don't have my order. They have a Shea Butter oil that I thought would be great for my hair. Anyone else dealt with them?

JD's Mom said:
On a different note: I'm experiencing the same thing with Shea Terra Organcis. Two emails, and no repsone. One phone call and someone disconnected me after being on hold. They charged my credit card on 2/14, and I still don't have my order. They have a Shea Butter oil that I thought would be great for my hair. Anyone else dealt with them?

I have ordered from them twice with no problems. My most recent order was around Christmas, and I'm sorry you are having problems.

I emailed Fayola last night and she responded by this morning 8 am EST. If anything I will place a phone order for the herbal conditioner rinse so I can speak to someone one on one and get my order going. I have spoken with Fayola in the past and she was always cordial, nice and informative. I love her virgin shea butter. It is the ONLY thing that keeps my husband's feet from getting SO ashy and he notices in the winter, his skin does not dry out after using her shea eventhough other products do NOTHING for him so he always begs me to get the 16 oz container of her virgin shea and it definitely does the trick!

I started using their Conditioning Styling Oil Spray a few years ago. It's nice, but I've been making my own stuff lately.

I ordered from Fayola 2 weeks ago and received my products yesterday. The thing I like about her - even if her delivery is slow, she does not CHARGE anything until the products are on the way. So if you order something 4 weeks ago, an dreceived it 4 weeks later, best believe your cc, debit card or check did not get cashed until right before she shipped and packed it.

Unlike other places whose customer service is the same pace - they cash quick and early and still take forever to deliver.

I ordered her herbal rinse and facial steam. Can't wait to use them. I also spoke to Fayola on the phone a few weeks ago when I placed my order. She remembered me from my last purchase which was over 2 to 3 years ago. We had a nice conversation and she is doing well!

Her products are no longer on curlmart, I see that alot of products are leaving from there, they use to have Qhemet stocked pretty good but her products are no more on there, so I guess something is going on.

She is opening stores and distributing her products via Whole Foods in certain states as well. She recently had an event at Whole Foods where she was giving away samples. I am on her mailing list so I get those announcements. I asked her about selling products in a store here in MD and she did have one but she discontinued with that lady b/c she said she was wanting her to come up here every other week and she could not do it.

I notice a lot of products are not being offerred on CurlMart lately.

Great thread, CBC. I'm always interested in the natural products being produced by us and for us. I will check out the Whole Foods the next time I'm Stateside for Ebene. :up:

I just started using again what were my two favorite Ebene products again for the summer, the Shea Butter Regenerating Hair Treatment Oil, and Shea Butter Hair and Scalp Conditioner. I now remember why I LOVED these two products. They keep your hair soft and well conditioned, 100% natural with simple ingredients. I don't do deep conditioning treatments like I should, and I find that doing overnight treatments with the Hair Treatment Oil does the job. The batch of hair and scalp conditioner is perfect. Its not too hard, and melts immediately in your hands.

Shea Butter Hair and Scalp Conditioner:Shea Butter, Coconut oil, avacodo oil, jojoba, amla oil, rosemary oil, and essential oils of lavander and ylang-ylang.

Shea Butter Regenerating Hair Treatment Oil: Sunflower oil, olive oil, shea butter, jojoba, essential oils of rosemary and lavander.

Back