Anyone thinking of using a humidifier this winter?

WhipEffectz1

I just took mine out of the closet and will be using it throughout this mild winter that we experience in the South. It really helps my skin and hair stay moisturized doing cold weather.

A humidifier really help my skin stay moisturized. I love using it. I use one year round because my apt tends to be dry from air conditioning in the summer and heat use in the winter.

WhipEffectz1 said:
I just took mine out of the closet and will be using it throughout this mild winter that we experience in the South. It really helps my skin and hair stay moisturized doing cold weather.

I briefly crossed my mind to get one this winter. Your thread just confirmed it for me. I think I will shop for one this week.

Thanks for the reminder!

I was just online looking at them. I have an eight quart electric stock pot that I used last year, but I need something that is not only more aesthetically pleasing to the eye but also has an automatic shut-off. I never left the house with it on this past winter, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

kinchen said:
my condo has one and i have been running it but can't feel any difference

Have you checked your filter to see if needs replacing so you can feel it working?

I have the humidifier in my bedroom and I have it on at night and I feel so good waking up in the morning because it's not so dry....

I use one when I have the heater on in my room. I shut off both before I go to bed. If I leave on the humidifier while I sleep, I've noticed that my skin breaks out more and I wake up with a little cough/scratchy throat. But I do use it to counteract the dry heat.

I'm going to be using one. I saw a pink one in a bed bath and beyond ad...so cute and girlie..........ok and I know pink has nothing to do with function of it!

I bought one last winter to help with skin/nasal passage dryness, and I love it. I didn't even realize that it was good for my hair, but now I know!:look:

Cheleigh said:
I use one when I have the heater on in my room. I shut off both before I go to bed. If I leave on the humidifier while I sleep, I've noticed that my skin breaks out more and I wake up with a little cough/scratchy throat. But I do use it to counteract the dry heat.

Maybe use distilled water instead of regular tap water to help alleviate the breakouts? Just a thought. I am not a scientist! :)

Cheleigh said:

Hmmmm....I don't have that problem. Do you clean the humidifier often? If mildew builds up inside, that might be the source of the problem.

preciousjewel76 said:
Hmmmm....I don't have that problem. Do you clean the humidifier often? If mildew builds up inside, that might be the source of the problem.

I use filtered water and change the filter. I just think that I personally cannot tolerate lots of humidity in the air because I don't live in a humid climate. As such my body doesn't adjust for humidity very well, but I'm sure that if I lived in a humid climate, my body would adjust.

Back