Anyone relax while MN is on their scalp?

Katt73

I reeeaaallllly need to relax (thanks to MN!), but I don't want to wash, then go without my beloved MN for 5 - 7 days before relaxing. What ill effects might happen if I don't take a break from MN? (i.e., if I relax while I have some residual MN on my scalp?)

I reeeaaallllly need to relax (thanks to MN!), but I don't want to wash, then go without my beloved MN for 5 - 7 days before relaxing. What ill effects might happen if I don't take a break from MN? (i.e., if I relax while I have some residual MN on my scalp?)

I keep changing my mind about my touch-up. I can't seem to get the time to prep because of my late evening schedules.

To make a long story short (I know, too late), I want to know too.

Your scalp may burn like crazy... kinda like a chemical reaction!

I did it and my scalp was on fire! I wouldn't chance it!

MN cleans up and opens your pores. I think it is a really bad idea to relax with your scalp in that condition. Wash your hair, do a nice long moisturizing conditioner under the dryer with a plastic cap to loosen up your new growth, then relax in seven days.

If the MN has created a problem for your scalp, you will burn and your hair will potentially fall out. DO NOT TAKE THAT RISK!

MN cleans up and opens your pores. I think it is a really bad idea to relax with your scalp in that condition. Wash your hair, do a nice long moisturizing conditioner under the dryer with a plastic cap to loosen up your new growth, then relax in seven days.

If the MN has created a problem for your scalp, you will burn and your hair will potentially fall out. DO NOT TAKE THAT RISK!

'Nuff said!:perplexed I shall wash tonight!

Dang. I guess I'll just have to use up what I have and wait a week to relax. If it's mixed, I'm gonna use it. People keep saying that I don't need a touch up anyway. Matter of fact, all the people that say that I don't have healthy hair and the ones that say that I do are looking kind of wratched. Thanks guys. Thanks for asking the question.

I wouldn't do it. I usually make that last wash before a relaxer a clarifying wash.

Back