Anyone ordered oils or butters from New Directions Aromatics?

Hi there,

I purchased a bottle of fractionated coconut oil from them a little over a month ago. Unfortunately, I do not have anything to compare the quality of the oil to(this is my first time using FCO). While shipping time was just okay the s & h is what I did not like. IMO, it is a tad bit too pricey.

hths,
tishee

I order frangrant and essential oils from them. They are excellent quality in my opinion. If you would like to avoid some of their fees for ordering, I know occassionally they have a "no small order fee" promo that they do. I usually jump on that and stock up for a while. I haven't ordered butters from them though.

I received my order from them yesterday, funny that you should ask :yep:. I ordered a bunch of stuff: shea butter, mango butter,essential oils, fruit extracts (burdock root, watermelon, grape seed), glycerine, and a preservative.

As Morehairplease said above, I do not know how to compare these products to others as I rarely order natural products. I prefer the smell of the mango butter to the shea butter, but that's just me. Overall, I found the comopany to be professional in every way, shipping was speedy and I received a coupon for my next order. I am in Canada and I would order from them again. HTH.

Thanks everyone. @morehairplease-Yeah, I notice it doesn't just come right out and tell you shipping costs up front.

I used them once to purchase unrefined shea butter, mango butter, soy butter, grapeseed butter and some essential oils. The shipping, product quality and customer service were exceptional. I like that they also send you a newsletter that contains recipes (I've used some for my hair). I will definitely use them again.

I finally placed an order today. The shipping did seem a little more expensive than From Nature with Love, but the prices for the products are cheaper. I did a comparison with the exact same products and shipping from New Directions Aromatics & From Nature with Love, and the total cost came out to about $12 cheaper on New Directions.

I finally placed an order today. The shipping did seem a little more expensive than From Nature with Love, but the prices for the products are cheaper. I did a comparison with the exact same products and shipping from New Directions Aromatics & From Nature with Love, and the total cost came out to about $12 cheaper on New Directions.

Okay, so I placed my order on Tuesday for Camellia oil, Silk Peptide Powder, Jojoba Oil, and a container. They called me today (Friday) to say that they are out of Camellia Oil and its on backorder, so they can either ship it as is or I can replace it with something else. So I'm a little irritated cause I was really looking forward to trying the Camellia Oil and the website did not indicate it was out of stock when I ordered it. So I tell her I don't want to replace it with something else and ask if they can send the order as it is and then send the Camellia order when it comes in. She says no they don't keep track of back orders, so they could refund the amount of the Camellia Oil and I can order the Camellia Oil at a later date after it comes in. What kind of company doesn't keep track of back orders? So far...I'm a little disappointed in the customer service.

Okay, so I placed my order on Tuesday for Camellia oil, Silk Peptide Powder, Jojoba Oil, and a container. They called me today (Friday) to say that they are out of Camellia Oil and its on backorder, so they can either ship it as is or I can replace it with something else. So I'm a little irritated cause I was really looking forward to trying the Camellia Oil and the website did not indicate it was out of stock when I ordered it. So I tell her I don't want to replace it with something else and ask if they can send the order as it is and then send the Camellia order when it comes in. She says no they don't keep track of back orders, so they could refund the amount of the Camellia Oil and I can order the Camellia Oil at a later date after it comes in. What kind of company doesn't keep track of back orders? So far...I'm a little disappointed in the customer service.

Another update: I finally received my order yesterday-so it took a full two weeks to get it.

I've only placed one order of silk amino acids from them and was very happy with the product and service. I do plan to place another order in the near future.

Back