Anyone in the Middle East?

tasha7239

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone currently deployed or living in the Middle East? What are you doing with your hair? I am currently in Afghanistan (Bagram Airbase). Although I have been in the desert most of my healthy hair journey (1year in Oct) I don’t think my hair has suffered too much. I currently co-wash every two or three days with V05 (strawberries and milk), HE, Suave (Green Apple) or my new love Yes to Cucumbers (and the formula has changed – I hope my hair still likes it). I DC once a week with Kenra, honey, coconut oil, sunflower oil, AOHSR, AO Jojoba Dessert (cant remember the name), Keracare Humetco, Nexuss Phyto Organics, and whatever else I throw in. I usually sleep in it all night but I just ordered a dryer attachment to I can start adding some heat and cut the time back because its going get cold soon. I moisturize with Mizani coconut soufflé, some knot today, lanza leave in and seal with coconut oil and wheat germ oil. I am a 24/7 bunner. I currently need about an 1 ½ to APL. I know the thread is worthless without pics so I will try and post some later.

I work on a military installation although I'm a civlian. I don't know much about what the ladies are doing while deployed. I think most, that I know, get braids and just tuff it out until they return home. Sorry I wasn't more help but just wanted to say, thanks for serving.

When I was in Oman I would relax my hair with bottled water. It was a covert mission for me to sneak an entire box (case) of water into the shower area without arousing suspicion.

Back