Anyone familiar with the Soft & Precious....

fancypants007

baby hair care product line? My hair is natural and it is almost 27 inches long. I was thinking about a product that would soften my hair so that when I'm detangling it would be easy to comb. I used my K-cutter and it does improve the job, but it still can be alot of work. I will try this weekend using one of my moisturizing conditioners and i will leave it on for about 30-40 minutes, and then before i rinse it out i will comb with my k-cutter to detangle my hair. I realize that my hair is just so dry, so i thought perhaps some kind of product that could soften my hair would be helpful. I was just curious to know if anyone else has heard or used this particular line.

Africa\'s Best Organics

Organics Kids Shea Butter Detangling Lotion seems like it would work for you. Try doing a search, a lot of people recommended it as a good moisturizer with good ingredients that detangled. I will have to see if a beauty supply store around here carries it.

Re: Africa\'s Best Organics

Oh, I just realized that you wanted a conditioner, not a moisturizer. I was gonna create a separate post to review this product, but I'll do it here too. I have natural, type 4, fine hair type.

<ul type="square"> Rusk Invisible Hibiscus &amp; Kukui Foaming Detangler

For snarled and confused, fine hair. Rusk sensories invisible detangler awakens the senses while it gently frees and conditions snarled and confused, fine hair. Specially formulated with ultra-light kukui nut oil to detangle and hibiscus extract to calm and seal the hair for maximum sheen.

rusk_hibiscus_kukui_detangler.gif
[/list]

I was really interested in something to help detangle my very tangle-prone, fine hair and a friend was kind enough to give me a sample packet of Rusk Invisible. I really needed something extra, soley for detangling that would make my comb-outs easier. Around this time, I found out that Aussie Slip conditioner was discontinued (Now I find out they have reformulated it and have repackaged their whole line
mad.gif
After all the e-mails I sent to their customer service, they never mentioned it.)

From the first use, I was
shocked.gif
I should also mention that I was suffering from terrible tangles at the time I tried this. There was also a section of very matted hair that seemed like it was trying to lock up. It provided slip and helped ease out the knots very well.

The most amazing part was probably the small amount I had to use. The description mentioned that it had a "Compressed Formula Technology", and they were really serious. I got about ten uses out of that 1/2 oz. packet.

It is very light and will not build up. The detangler alone is not very moisturizing at all. The best way to use this conditioner is on top of your regular or deep conditioner right before the detangle.

I am very pleased with this product and have ordered a large bottle which should last forever.
grin.gif
So it's a really good value. I really liked the scent, Rusk really knows how to make their products smell good
grin.gif
Their Senories line, anyway.

However, I remember someone saying they were pleased with the product, yet couldn't stand the smell (I think it was Destinee). It has a unique scent, I cant really explain it well, but it's kind of tropical and sweet smelling.

So, in conclusion, I highly recommend this product
up.gif
to anyone who has trouble with tangles and for whom the normal "conditioners with slip" recommendations are not enough to detangle well. This, with my Denman brush make detangling so much easier for me.

-The End of my novel.
laugh.gif

Thank you Soulchild for responding. I am interested in a detangler and I will try the Rusk that you recommended. It sounds good. I never brush my hair but I'm wondering if that will help me with my tangles. I've heard some things about the Denman brush, but I ordered a paddle brush that claims you can use it on wet hair and that it will not break or pull the hair according to the testimonials who had ordered the same brush. I want to continue to wear my hair natural but I don't want it to break. The K-cutter comb has helped tremendously, but I just want a product that will soften my hair. I know Hair Lady (Robin) encourages using a paddle brush for the ends of your hair to keep them from getting thin, but I stopped using it because i was afraid it would break my hair, besides I picked up one at Sally's which was cheaper than the one that I ordered. Trying to find products/equipment to help you achieve long hair can be costly. The only real problem that I'm having is the tangles, and the dryness of my hair. My husband is going to install a water filter and I'm hoping that this will work as well.

Oops, I didn't see your reply until now. You're welcome for the recomendation,though.

The several testimonials I read (mostly from people on Nappturality) before purchasing the Denman said the same thing and I found it to be true. The bristles are smooth (no tiny balls at the end) and flexible and instantly defrizz also. I've never used the K-Cutter, but from the looks of it, I think my mom used something similiar when we were younger. I recently purchased the Jilbere Shower Comb from Sally's that everyone has raved about, but I quickly went back to my Denman.
grin.gif
And it works so well to remove all the shed hairs that contribute to the tangle problem. The only problem I have with it is it has such a smooth handle and my conditioner has so much slip so I gotta be careful not to don't drop it.
laugh.gif

Let me know how that paddle brush works out. And I need a filter too. Once you get the dryness in check, I'm sure there will be less tangles.

Trust me, I feel you on this hair thang being costly.
look.gif
Especially when you're buying full-sized products that you're not sure will even work for you (Although I think some salons let you return products you tried and didn't like). I still have a little Rusk left in that sample packet, I'll tape it up and send it to you if you'd like. Let me know.

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Organics Kids Shea Butter Detangling Lotion seems like it would work for you. Try doing a search, a lot of people recommended it as a good moisturizer with good ingredients that detangled. I will have to see if a beauty supply store around here carries it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I use this..I used when I was transitioning and now I am usingit with my relaxed...It leaves my hair soft and tangled free. plus it smells good....

Back