Anyone Else Experiencing Slowed Growth Right Now?

MizaniMami

I am!:confused:

I thought hair generally grows faster in the warm months? It has been about 8 weeks now, and I barely have 1/2 an inch in some places right now. I was going to relax in about 4 weeks making it 12 weeks but now I don't see the point. It will be overlap city!

I am used to getting atleast 1/2 inch to 1 inch a month!

I am going to see if i can stretch another 8 weeks and hopefully I have two inches by then.

I did slow my vitamin roll, but I can wait to get back into it! This is ridiculous!

I am going to try scalp massages and add MSM back and horsetail. I am kinda sad about this.:perplexed

Mizani, I noticed the same thing with me. I thought my hair was going to thrive this summer, but not the case, and I am consistent with my vitamin/hair regimen. I'm thinking that my hair probably thrives in the fall/winter months. Since Summer is winding down, I'm going to pay attention to my hair and see what happens.

Me!! I have definately slowed to a crawl. I started 'taking care' of my hair in March, I had 10 inches of hair on my head. By June I had 16 inches!! Measured this month-17 inches. I guess my growth is average, but who wants that?? I am trying the 'less is more' by reducing the amt of washing and increasing the amt of deep conditioning. I also think I may put some braids (just cornrows) in for about 2-3 weeks when I'm about 10 weeks post relaxer. I'm waiting for winter now:look:

Same here! I thought something was wrong, because I got a touch-up in Mid-July, and I have less than 1/2 an inch! Hmmm, I dunno what's going on....

Well, my hair grows slowly regardless. However, I'm back to vitamins. My diet has been relatively good--so ---but I feel like my hair grows 1/16 of an inch per month. So much for that summer growth theory.:ohwell:

eta--the only reason I know my hair grows is because my highlights are in dire need of being touched up.

Back