Anyone else changing up their regimen??

RabiaElaine

I'm changing mine a little.

So I've been inspired by Reniece to start weaving my hair to help retain growth.

My reasons:
  • The times when my hair has retained the most growth is when I can't comb it, heat it, have it touch my clothes, etc.
  • I have been using braids to stretch for the last year, and it has been good, and I've retained length. Now that my hair is longer I don't have the patience to braid it for 18 hours (I just had my sister do it for me last week, it took forever).
  • I don't want braids to stress my hairline
  • I'm transitioning to texlaxed. It is frustrating at times. If it's weaved I don't have to be frustrated by it.
  • I can stretch my relaxers longer.
  • I wore a sew in weave once before I gained a lot of length but my hair thinned due to the tracks being put in too tight, the hairdresser pulling on my tracks when I went to get it washed, WORST OF ALL I relaxed and weaved the same day, for 2 relaxers straight!
  • Since my hair is transitioning to texlaxed and not long yet, stretching is not a cute process. I want to still look cute for as much of my stretch as possible. Once my hair is longer I will have more options.
  • HAVE YOU SEEN RENIECE'S HAIR??????????
My weave regimen will be very similar to Reniece's
  • I will be weaving myself...don't trust hairdressers
  • I will be doing vertical braids for the tracks..not sure if I'll be adding hair into the tracks...I don't think I'll need to my...my texlaxed hair and new growth are very thick!
  • Leave the weave in for 4 weeks max. Take out. Let hair rest for 1-2 weeks then redo weave. Deep condition during those 1-2 weeks.
  • Moisturize daily while in the weave, like I do with my braids.
  • Stretch for at least 5 months
  • Wait 3-4 weeks after relaxer before weaving
Anyone else inspired to change up their regimen?

RabiaElaine said:
I'm changing mine a little.

So I've been inspired by Reniece to start weaving my hair to help retain growth.

:grin: Your post has me laughing because, you just mentioned Reniece and I (and I'm sure most of the other women on this forum) automatically knew who you were talking about. That's funny...it's like underground hair celebrities. Anyhow, your regimen sounds like a good plan!

Actually I am changing up my regimen too! I am apart of the weaveitup challenge but I haven't actually gotten a weave done yet. I will be weaving it up over the summer because I don't want to deal with my hair and also because I'm tired of braids. Reneice is my inspiration.

Yeah, I've been inspired by all these progress pics :p (goddsflower, babygurl, lexi) to to more protective styling and less heat. I'd like to CW more and do wet buns, but since I'm texturized, that's a challenge. I'm also considering going from texturized to texlaxed for manageability and to cut down on heat.

I changed mine last Saturday.

1. 2x/week I CW and 1x I shampoo....so a total of 3x/week I wet in it some way.
2. And I'm trying a little experiment. I cut out all oils on dry and/or damp hair. I only use them in my prepoo now. So far the hair is softer...less crunchy.
3. I also cut out all products which have a large glycerin base (like scurl)which is a GREAT help...also less crunch now and LESS knots and tangles.
4. I do my prepoo with a warm, wet towel on my head.

HighlyFavored1 said:
:grin: Your post has me laughing because, you just mentioned Reniece and I (and I'm sure most of the other women on this forum) automatically knew who you were talking about. That's funny...it's like underground hair celebrities. Anyhow, your regimen sounds like a good plan!

:D Reniece is definitely an underground hair celeb!

I can't wait to try my first self-weave (is that a phrase ??) when I take down these braids. I put them in last week. I'll probably weave next week.

It's so funny that after years of wanting to have longer hair it's finally clicked in the last year or so in steps. Anyway I really believe that by next year this time I should have past APL length hair...which is long to me :D .

Just got a retouch on the 21st and I'm trying a new regimen during the perm cycle, will start as soon as I receive my treatments from ebay. This is the plan:

Week 1 to 4
1st lather with nioxin cleanser
2nd lather with kerastase bain de force
condition with nioxin scalp therapy
kerastase vita ciment treatment (1st week only, then will use age recharge)
Kerastase lipo recharge scalp leave in treatment
Not decided on a leave in conditioner or styling products yet

Weeks 2 to 8

I just got a retouch on the 21st and will be starting a new regimen soon as my treatments from ebay. Heres the game plan:

Weeks 1 through 4
2nd lather with kerastase bain de force
condition with nioxin scalp therapy
kerastase ciment concentre treatment (1st week only, then will use age
recharge the following weeks)
kerastase lipo recharge leave in scalp treatment

Weeks 5 through 8
2nd lather with kerastase satin bain 3
condition with scalp therapy
kerastase aqua oleum treatment (week 5 only, then will use
masquintense)
kerastase lipo recharge

I chose to use the strengthening products the 1st four weeks since relaxers weaken the hair and then use the moisturizing products the last four weeks since I'll have newgrowths by then and its usually when I get the most dryness. I don't think using the strengthening products four weeks straight will be a problem cause kerastase products don't usually cause dryness like other protein treatments but we will see. I hope this works.

yep, i'm gonna start pre-pooing with amla as usual but use hot avocado oil mixed with rosemary essential to my scalp using an applicator brush to increase growth and leave overnight!!!

i'm very excited and know i'll get more growth

I've tried to alter my regimen a little when the weather warmed up by only pooing and DC once a wk, but my hair seemed to stay more moisturized when pooing twice a wk, so I'm back to that. I did start C0-wing on really hot days or just rinsing w/water, and my hair seems to like that so far and I stay nice and cool on hot days. My hair is also enjoying finger combing only except on wash day. (thanks Candy C for that tip) :D
I also added flexi rods to my hair styling scene and I'm loving the way they make my curls look, so I'll be doing those more often.

I just changed to use Hair Mayo (I use Organics) and a hot towel/terry turban and a plastic cap before washing (Macherie)

I just started doing a deep condition on my dry hair weekly before shampooing.

We'll see how that goes.

I Will Be Trying Paul Mitchell The Detangler Because I Am Noticing Tangling As I Stretch.If It Doesn't Work,I Will Have To Abandon My Beloved Super Skinny Until I Have Relaxed Switch To Something Else :cry2:

I'm trying to use up some of my hair products I don't love but work okay and am considering washing my hair every other day rather than just 2x a week to expedite the purging process. I guess it's my own little summertime "Product Elimination Challenge." :lol:

Yes. 1. Shampoo with Grandpa's pine tar soap. Sray with Infusium Original.
2. MTG. 3 x week. twist top half of hair. Braid the back for one month. Redo.
3. Use homemade hair and scalp pomade twice a week. Spray with Infusium 3x week.Use homemade moisturizer on extension braids 3x week.
Keep hair twisted or braided without extensiions top half in between shampoos. Deep condition after every shampoo. Extended shampoos from a week to 1 1/2. I am on the Grow like a weed...no combing, brushing. Minimal handling. I undo the twists to MTG and pomade, finger comb and put back in. bonjour

Good glad to see I'm not the only one. It's so funny that as my hair changes and grows stronger/longer, I have to change things up to adjust to it, especially since I'm transitioning out of this bone straight hair.

Yep!!

Back to daily CWs, keeping my hair cornrowed (I do them myself), daily spritzes of water, conditioner, oil. Oh, and monthly I'll use a poo and do a deep condition.

That's it!!

Im am switching to Avalon Organics shampoo and I'll be trying to wash 2x week instead of one. Im still trying to find the thread that doesnt tell you to put it in a wet bun because my hair wont do that nor will it dry. Still trying to figure a sure fire way to air dry that wont leave me with wet hair in the morning.
Will be going back to my flexirods once a month as well.

I am. I am now just winging it and listening to my hair. I found sticking to my regimen was good for my hair when it was very damaged. After I nursed it back to health, it began to become too moisturized. So, now I am treating/caring for my hair based on how it feels. The one thing I am doing consistantly is moisturizing my ends daily.

I am starting to cut back on washing my hair twice a week. My scalp is not as dry during the summer, and I've been using Nizoral shampoo to treat my dandruff. I am happy to say that with using this three times my scalp has improved big time :D I'm using grease again( mainly on the ends) and I've been using John Frieda Frizz Ease serum on my hair after washing. It makes my hair really soft and shiny :)

Back