Anybody switch from Affirm to Design Essentials?

Chevelure618

I heard Design Essentials has a relaxer called Lo-Lye Relaxer. I am also getting the impression from asking stylists and observing what is on their shelves that DE is the "creme de la creme" of relaxers.

I have an underprocessed area in the back and am thinking of a corrective in that area.

I don't know about the relaxer but I have a DE curly perm. My stylist is involved with their research & development here in Atlanta. When I was relaxed, I had an Affirm & hands down that was the best relaxer for my hair. However, if I were to ever go back to a relaxer, I wouldn't think twice about using DE. I feel you can't go wrong with either, honestly.

I used to get DE about 5-6 years ago, loved it then. In the interim I've had Nairobi, been natural, had Phyto, then Affirm, and now my stylist switched from Affirm to DE. I'm loving it so far, for my hair the Affirm didn't seem to straighten the hair as well, and it also seemed to leave it dryer. I would have to say that DE is the fave out of all of the brands that I've had in the past 5-6 years.

Back