Anybody stretching with bangs?

Bella_Atl

I am texlaxed. I plan to do a relaxer once a year beginning of summer to calm down the frizzies and reversions. I cut short pixie bangs three months ago. They have grown some and the new growth is curly. I flat iron my bangs but if I sweat or get in a just a little bit of humidity I start to look like a poodle.

Should I just texlax the bangs every few months until they are long enough to make sense?:nono:

Any suggestions? :perplexed

This is what I am doing. But it is more to preserve length in that area. IF I relax at the end of December, I will be skipping my bangs.

Maybe you could try using Sabino Moisture Block (or another product of that nature) to combat the reversion? I've never tried it, but it seems to get good reviews.

i'm not stretching, but transitioning with bangs. they're sideswept, and come down a bit lower than eye level. they looked cute in the salon but have done little more than piss me off (dang things keep swingin' in my eyeballs), so i pin then up & out of the way, like this.

regular heat to get them straight isn't going to work for me, so to get the roots as straight as possible, i rollerset, & smooth down using cone-filled leave in conditioner & smoothing serum. the scarf method helps as well. :yep:

if you're willing to splurge a bit, DEFINITELY buy you some Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade. when I do heat-style my bangs, i use this product, & it prevents my hair from reverting, even in rainy weather. it retails for $19 at the aveda store, but if you're slick, you can find it cheaper on eBay. in my opinion, though, it's worth every penny.

Attachments

• bangz.jpg
    bangz.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 6
I haven't had a perm in 9 months and when I started my bangs were average length. What I did was wear headbands during the summer because my scalp would sweat (I'm in the Middle East). But then again, I was trying to grow them out. Are you trying to keep super short bangs or grow them out some?

I haven't had a perm in 9 months and when I started my bangs were average length. What I did was wear headbands during the summer because my scalp would sweat (I'm in the Middle East). But then again, I was trying to grow them out. Are you trying to keep super short bangs or grow them out some?

I was trying to keep them short for a little while longer. I have pixie bangs like just like this:

christina-aguilera-ponytail-hairsty.jpg

But I'm cutting the texlax evertime I get a trim and my natural curly hair is coming in. So I wondering if it would be ok just to relax just the bangs.:rolleyes:

I have Sabino I'll try it. And I'll try the Aveda. It's a lot of work for bangs..lol. I might just let them grow out.:sad:

But thanks ladies.:grin:

Back