Anybodies head itch after washing?

Mine itches all the time too. I just looked up some remedies that I'm excited to try. Aloe vera gel/juice or acv.

I'm excited to try them out. Tea tree oil is supposed to help too. I tried it once and didn't see any difference. Maybe I should use it more than once.

I hope you find something that works.

My scalp itched profusely at one point. I eliminated sulfate poos and now it only itches during growth spurts. Switching made a world of difference. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo (only one I use aside from an occasional clarifying shampoo since I use gel) and BeeMine's Peppermint Tea tree (I think they stopped making this one and carry poo bars and the botanical moisturizing shampoo.)

Aside from that, your scalp may just be chronically dry or experiencing build up.

Some brands of shampoo make me itch like a hound, particularly NTM. Never did figure out the irritating ingredient.

My head usually itches at 3 weeks post, I give it a good scratching (really just a vigorous massage) once a day to stimulate growth and thats enough. But this month my head has been itching something awful. It itches all day and all night! I find myself really digging into my scalp, which is bad! Its got me a little worried. I'm gonna "grease" my scalp old school style with a hair butter for a week to see if that helps.

Dunk your head (including your scalp) in a very diluted solution of ACV, massage it into your scalp and your itches will be gone. I do this after i rinse out conditioner as the residue makes my scalp itch.

I tried the diluted ACV and switched shampoos but my scalp just kept on itching. Turns out for me that it was tinea versicolor. :sad: It flares up whenever I'm stressed out but I manage to control it.

Sent from my PG86100

The butter didnt help. I tried Scalpicin yesterday and it burned. I'm going to put emu oil on my scalp and steam today; maybe that will help.

I agree with the other poster, could be the sulfates. Some people are sensitive to them. I do not believe that a whole lot of itching = growth. Otherwise we'd see everyone else scratching all the time too. I think it = problem.

My scalp was itching like crazy. I have eczema and super sensitive skin. I had a few scabs from scratching in my sleep. I was itchy so I used Nature's Gate tea tree shampoo and conditioner and no more itching. I followed up a couple of hours later with AO rosa mosqueta for a few hours, ao gpb for 30 min and then steamed with AO hsr. I had no itching. Used MY honey child buttery soy and oyin hair dew and sealed with oyin burnt sugar pomade. I have had no more itching at all. The Nature's Gate is what stopped my itching.

I also have eczema and sensitive skin. If you don't already, make sure after shampooing you rinse you hair for a good long while (at least 5 minutes). I'm suprisingly not sensitive to sulfates but I must rinse well no matter what the product or my scalp is itch-city. Also, I find that when I scratch, it only makes things worse (more itchy), so do your best to avoid scratching!

I tried the diluted ACV and switched shampoos but my scalp just kept on itching. Turns out for me that it was tinea versicolor. :sad: It flares up whenever I'm stressed out but I manage to control it.

Sent from my PG86100

I'm sure this is what is for me. But I don't want to use the medicated shampoo.:ohwell: It itches really bad if I get hot or stressed.

Back