Any Relaxed Ladies Currently On A No or Lo-Poo Regimen?

Solitude

What are you using to cleanse your hair? How often do you use it? I'm looking for an extremely moisturizing cleanser ahead of the fall/winter weather changes. (Even though it is still 90 degrees where I am!)

Please share your favorites No or Lo (Low?) :-) Cleansers.

I've had success with Olive Oil Hair One, various Hairveda conditioners, and Miss Jessie's Creme de la Creme cleanser. To combat dryness, I'm pretty much ready to throw out all of my sulfate shampoos except Kenra.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

I shampoo with sulfates 1-2 times a month...but I can get away with this because I use mostly natural products in my hair between washes. I cowash with Trader Joe's tea tree, when my hair needs to be refreshed. I moisturize with QP mango butter at times (it has cones), but I seal and deep condition with my oils: Jojoba, Coconut, Olive, Avocado, Apricot, wheat germ and Castor. When used in moderation these don't cause terrible build up. Hth.

Thanks, keyawarren

I know there are more relaxed ladies on a similar regi! I've been stalking the WEN threads. I tried Sweet Almond and Pomegranate before, but neither one was moisturizing enough. Then again, I'm not sure if I was using enough product.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

I'm low poo but also use natural products and no styling products (gel, hairspray etc). I poo wash every week to every other week and looking to lessen that time frame because I don't really think I need it.

I'm low poo! I shampoo twice a month at the very most with a sulfate shampoo bar to remove stuff like CHI Silk Infusion or any products I have with mineral oil, etc. I also have liquid shampoo but I havent used it lately

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I use a sulfate shampoo (Motions Lavish), diluted with water, about every 3 weeks to remove dirt/product buildup from my hair and scalp. I've been using Motions for years, and it's the only shampoo (other than a neutralizing shampoo) that I use.

I try to only use Shampoo when I Neutralize, Clarify, Chelate.

In my Stash I have 1) Neutralizing Shampoo 2) Clarifying Shampoo 3)Chelating and strictly for these 3 purposes.

Other times I'll co-wash or Use a Cleansing Conditioner.

Bear Fruit Hair has some nice Cleansing Conditioners
Hairveda Amala Cleanse
As I Am Naturally's Cleansing Pudding
Darcy's Botanicals Cleansing Conditioner
Curl Junkie's Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner

*There are alot of Cleansing Conditioners out there if you want that little Extra Boost that straight Cowashing Might Not Give You.

I use 'light-weight' Conditioners for cowashing in the Spring/Sumer like Hairveda, SSI etc... and Heavier ones in the Fall/Winter like Oyin Honey Hemp, Claudie's etc....

I have 3 shampoos: Elasta QP Stop (neutralizing), ORS aloe (for super cleansing after using alot of products), and Costco's private brand Kirkland Signature. It's paraben and SLS-free, really thick, really moisturizing, and 1 liter costs about $8. This 1 could be used everyday it's so great.

BTW, Aphogee Pro-Vitamin LI is really good stuff! It helps my hair retain moisture so well that I don't have to moisturize everyday anymore.

I'm taking notes, ladies. I have a bit of cash and it's burning in my pocket (debit card)

Bear Fruit Hair has some nice Cleansing Conditioners
Hairveda Amala Cleanse
As I Am Naturally's Cleansing Pudding
Darcy's Botanicals Cleansing Conditioner
Curl Junkie's Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner
Oyin Honey Hemp, Claudie's etc....

IDareT'sHair These sound yummy! The only one on this list that I have used is Hairveda, but I'm looking for others to try. I like the Amala cleanse. It's not stripping. I want to order from Claudie's, but she is closed right now! :sad:

prospurr4 I never thought to dilute my sulfate shampoo :scratchch

Solitude There's alot of Cleansing Conditioners/Creams on the Market now which is good for us No/Low 'Poo Heads.:yep:

As I Am Naturally also has a Coconut Cowash Hair Cream that's pretty good too.:yep:

Back