Another question for braid wearers

• Thread starter Thread starter HoneyRockette
  • Start date Start date
H

HoneyRockette

I would've posted this on one of the other threads but I didn't want to bogart another thread. Anyway how can you tell the difference between new growth and braid slippage?

HoneyRockette, I haven't heard BOGART in a loooong time!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You should check the braid(s) that you suspect of slippage against the remaining braids. The amount of new growth should be uniform throughout your head. At least that's my suggestion; hope it helps.

I have wondered about this myself. I was just looking at my hair and it looks like I have about 3/4 to 1" of growth. But how much of that is slippage? I have no idea. And it's harder for natural heads cause all of it is an afro. For relaxed heads at least you see the difference.
If anyone knows or can guess an answer please share it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I am relaxed but I won't be able to tell until my braids come out Faith. I also had about an inch of new growth before braids. So much for measuring and keeping track of new growth as I go. I guess I just have to wait and see.

I found that the texture if you were well aware of your texture previously should feel quite different this time. It should feel really think and wavy. Additionally, I would hold the new growth and pull on the braid gently to see if it would slide.

i guess u can somehow MARK the root of one braid when u first get the braids done and then u will know exactly how much growth u get... just a thought

Back