Am I wrong

DazzlingD

Ok so I decided to get my hair braided because I have been really stressed lately. I got my hair braid a little less than two weeks ago. My hair looks like it has been done over a month ago. The braids are slipping
mad.gif
and all I have done is kept my scalp moisturized and the ends with scurl. I spray it twice a day.
So I call the person who did it and explain the situation and how I wanted to have it done over, but I am not paying because I just got it done. She got an attitude with me. Why??? if tables were turned i wouldn't have gotten mad. So am I wrong for wanting to have it done over?

I don't think you're wrong for wanting it done over...but she probably won't. My hair lasts about a week when I get braided...which is why I don't anymore...also you may have the same results. Maybe you should try someone else....

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
DazzlingD said:
But she said she would. My thing is why the attitude???

[/ QUOTE ]
Because she really doesn't want to. And the fact that you asked makes her feel that her work is inferior..which it may be. I'd go ahead and let her re-do it...but the next time I got it done, I'd go to someone else. Ask someone whose braids stays neat where they get theirs done.
Goodluck...
I'm one of those people..once I don't like anything you do to my hair...you don't get another chance...

i'm sorry...i don't mean to put negative thoughts out there...but if she has an attitude and doesn't want to do it...i wouldn't go to her. she might try to mess your hair up or something. sorry i'm just wary of stylists...and if she has an attitude from jump
ohwell.gif
... good luck in whatever you decide to do. peace.

great post moni and indeed if they started slippin out in a week then even if she re-did them agen u'd need them done agen in a week
smile.gif

Hi D-
What kind of hair do you use? Human hair braids will slip very easy. I used human hair, but I don't really mess with them until about a week or so. Synthetic hair should not slip and you should be able to but oil etc on them right away. Hope this helps.
P.S. If she does them over with human hair, don't oil etc too soon.

Ok now I am really pissed
mad.gif
. Let me tell you what this skank did
swearing.gif
. She told me that she was going to do it over and told me to come by today around 9am. I am in LI and she is in the Bronx. I get to her house and she has her man come to the door telling me that she isn't here. That she didn't know I was coming. Mind you she had told me to come at 9am because her man was working the night before and she wanted him to get home first before she started so he could take the baby. All of a sudden she isn't there and she didn't know I was coming. She played herself because I didn't take my braids out after all. I was just going to let her touch it up. Because what everyone was saying about how she might not do a great job the second time and because I really didn't have the time to take the braids out. Thought it was in my best interest to use that time to study for the MCAT instead. I told her husband that he can tell her that I just wanted it touched up and that I would never be coming back again. She is trifling and she has lost my business and my entire family's business as well.

IMO, this is probably for the best (especially since she had an attitude). I think it would be better to find someone else to touch up your braids (that does not have an attitude). In the end, she'll see she was wrong for being the way that she was, and for not being home after you showed up (probably just had her man say that she wasn't home). I bet you'll find a better braider soon. Please keep us informed. I have no idea how far LI is from the Bronx, but she should have the decency to call you WAY before to avoid a wasted trip. Hmph. Makes me want to
hammer.gif
her myself.

I am definitely on your side. She should NOT have gotten a funky attitude no matter what. But, did you know that keeping the hair well moisturized might cause them to slip. I had braids in my college years and I kept my hair really moisturized and oiled and so when it was time to take them out. They slid out soooooo easily with no problem. Also, your hair growth could be taken off too. Did you consider these possibilities or are you certain that it is a bad braid job?

Supergirl said:
I am definitely on your side. She should NOT have gotten a funky attitude no matter what. But, did you know that keeping the hair well moisturized might cause them to slip. I had braids in my college years and I kept my hair really moisturized and oiled and so when it was time to take them out. They slid out soooooo easily with no problem. Also, your hair growth could be taken off too. Did you consider these possibilities or are you certain that it is a bad braid job?

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you moiturize your braids with? and what oils?

~Napptural~

Supergirl said:
Girl,

it was 9 years ago. I just remember that it was a spray oil ...

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
ohh ok...(sorry about that)
wink.gif

~Napptural~

niva said:
Hi D-
What kind of hair do you use? Human hair braids will slip very easy. I used human hair, but I don't really mess with them until about a week or so. Synthetic hair should not slip and you should be able to but oil etc on them right away. Hope this helps.
P.S. If she does them over with human hair, don't oil etc too soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Niva, I've used human hair for the freestyle and it's lasted 3 months at a time w/out looking scraggly. A big reason for this wasn't braids themselves but the braider.

Of course, the smaller the braids, the longer they'll last as well. but I agree w/ you, a spray is better than oils on human hair. Besides, oiling would clog the scalp and keep it from getting enough oxygen..

DazzlingD,

Sorry to hear you went through that with a braider, esp. after sitting there for so long (and paying) a person you trust with your hair. Who referred you to her? I find the best braiders are the ones whose work speak for themselves...

Edited: I just read about what happened today! Don't worry about her, she won't get much business with a nasty attitude like that. Her loss...

Back