Am I wrong for this?

SCarolinaGirl

I'm getting married in 2 1/2 months and we are registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond for gifts. I noticed today that they have the chi flat iron so I added it to my registry. Am I wrong? What would you think if you went to someone's wedding registry and saw a personal item that was not household related?​

I wouldn't do it, I would just hope someone decided to give me a gift certificate to Bed Bath and Beyond then I could just buy it myself. But hey, it's your wedding do what makes you happy :yep:

Just because it's there doesn't mean your guests will feel obligated to buy it. That is to say it's not that serious (imo) if it's on there. You can try your luck and hope someone may be kind enough to get it. If you don't feel bad about having it on there and know your guests well, leave it on.

Personally, I tend to think gifts should be something that would be useful the couple and/or their new home. I probably wouldn't think badly of someone who had a flat iron on their registry (I'd just think the item was odd) but I wouldn't buy it either.

Last edited:
You could use the rationale that you want to look good for your husband so it would essentially benefit both of you. However, people will be raising their eyebrows.

Who cares? Laugh it off. It's your wedding, and your registry! If any one asks tell them you'd love to have one and why not put it there so you can look great for your husband everyday. Yes they'll know you're full of it but if they have a sense of humor they won't care.

That could be a bridal/bachelorette party gift, but I wouldn't put it on my wedding registry. You could ask for beauty products/gift cards for your bridal shower.

Im getting married in 10 months but I would not list personal items on my gift registry. I think it's against the rules of etiquette. Why don't you have a wishing well at your wedding reception for monetary gifts and use that money to buy the iron.

Look...a couple just DANCED down the aisle at their wedding. There are no right or wrong traditions anymore for anything related to getting married, IMHO. I could be wrong. I think people do like to hold to old traditions, but if you need it for marriage (beautification) you need it for marriage.

I might look at it twice, but personally, after looking, I would admire you for putting it there and would probably be the one to buy it for you! Girl, please don't worry. There's a lot more AFTER the wedding that will concern you than what you put on your registry. Promise. Write us then, and we'll have a LOT more to say!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen: A flat iron is the least of your concerns. Wheeeeeewwwww!

One day, you probably won't even remember this time in specificity. I know I forgot nearly everything.

Life after marriage is what you are preparing for...don't you take that flat iron off your list in a few weeks! I'll come git you!

Just wait....you'll probably get it from someone else who is also thinking practically. :yep::yep:

Blessings,
Christi

i dont know.. my mom got invited to a wedding and the gift registry list included an XBOX , along with excersize equipment, and camping gear

I just wanted to give an update... I had my bridal shower yesterday and it was amazing! Guess what I got... a CHI Limited Edition In Love Flat Iron - Soft Pink Blush. I was so shocked that someone actually bought it for me. It was my best friend/maid of honor and she knew how much I wanted one. I'm so excited! :)

I just wanted to give an update... I had my bridal shower yesterday and it was amazing! Guess what I got... a CHI Limited Edition In Love Flat Iron - Soft Pink Blush. I was so shocked that someone actually bought it for me. It was my best friend/maid of honor and she knew how much I wanted one. I'm so excited! :)

Before I got to your update I was going to post "leave it there, one of your girl friends will probably get it for you for a shower gift" -- see? :yep:

My logic was this: lingerie is so you can look good for your husband, so why shouldn't your hair look good too?

I'm glad you got it. I've seen a lot of gift registries (since I'm at the age where all your friends get married) and seen all types of items on them. I don't think nowadays there is too much right or wrong for what you ask for as long as the whole list isnt personal items.

no i don't think you're wrong. its useful to you.

I agree. I love buying gifts that I know a person really wants.

:woot: I am happy for you. That's great:).

Back