Am I the only one whose hair grows extremly slow??

UGQueen

:nono:
its almost been three months since i started my relaxer strecth.
i used to get a relaxer every 5-6 weeks before but now im half wiggin and stretching, but it seams like my hair is growing very slow.
i have maybe gained an inch growth since i had my last relaxer.
ive been using MN but idk if it has made much of a difference.

does anyone have any growth aid suggestions??

I'm a slow grower too. I think the key is to eat and drink things that are healthy. My diet is not on point, therefore my hair is not on point.

:nono:
its almost been three months since i started my relaxer strecth.
i used to get a relaxer every 5-6 weeks before but now im half wiggin and stretching, but it seams like my hair is growing very slow.
i have maybe gained an inch growth since i had my last relaxer.
ive been using MN but idk if it has made much of a difference.

does anyone have any growth aid suggestions??

Hey Girl. I feel your pain. I don't know if this is the kind of "growth aid" you are looking for, but what I suggest to you is:

Upping your Protein intake
Scalp Messages
Hot Oil Treatments (Scalp and Hair)

Nope, you're not the only slow grower. There have been a few posts like this in the last few weeks, including my own. I know that my hair is growing because I have photographic proof, it's just growing slowly. I get about .25 inch per month. My last length check showed about 1 inch of growth in 4 months and my hair was oddly still pretty even although my last trim was in April.

The annoying part is I work out regularly, I eat well & I take good care of my hair but that has not helped the growth rate. I think part of it is genetic since some of my friends chop off major inches of their hair and it grows back inside of 6 months. The one that I am thinking of now has a crappy diet & does not work out but her hair is goregous (relaxed BSL) and has been for many years.

My BFF (since age 5) is like this too. She chops off major inches, from BSL to NL, and it's back inside of 1 year or less and has always been that way.

No, you're not the only one. Slow growth is usually not the biggest problem. The problem is slow growth combined with lack of retention. Proper diet and exercise contributes a great deal to helping hair grow to its maximum potential.

No, you're not alone. I'm like that too. I researched it and scientifically some hair grows .25 inches a month for others (who I envy) .5 and in some months more. My New Years' resolution was to grow my hair 4 inches this year and I think I've achieved that. I just try to be patient with my hair and ignore its pace.

I grow 1 inch in 3 or 4 months. you are not alone.
like the others said.
water, exercise and patience helps a lot.

The time my hais grows faster, was when i started having a high protein diet, as thehair is also a protein, when you level up your proteins intake, your hair can grow faster than normal.

I started with Spirulina today as a great source of protein, and you can eat eggs, milk, protein shakes and meat and fish.

Try spirulina and chlorella if you haven't already - they're great for so many other things as well. I DC with oils - sage and peppermint eo, castor oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil - this plus steam (for absorption on the scalp - where they hair sits for weeks until it comes out) really helps growth I think. My hair grows about 6 inches/year anyway, I'm just trying to up my rate ... hoping to go from scratch to BSL straightened in 2 years, lol.

HTH.

slow grower checking in here! i'm using mn and just hoping to retain everything that grows and Im happy with that.

I'm not sure y'all will feel about this about imma put it out there anyway. *clears throat* Have you ever considered colon cleansing? If you have a problem with constipation, your bowels are just holding on to the feces causing your body to become toxic. Your hair is in turn affected because it holds a great deal of those toxics without you having no idea. An extensive colon cleansing will eliminate such toxins and your body can perform better, hence having better hair growth. You will also be able to absorb vits better. I did this in Nov of 2008; although I didn't see a GREAT improvement in my hair (I didn't know about LHCF and was not being good to my hair) my body felt better and I saw good results from the Fast Grow vits earlier this year. I am a sloooww grower as well. In Jan. 2009 I cut my hair to about 1/2 an inch and in Aug. 2009 i reach 4 in. Sorry for the long post. HTH

I'm a slow grower. I don't let it get to me. I'd rather have health than length though. I've been at this since Sept 2007 and I am barely at SL. I guess it will take me another 2 years to get to APL.

I am a slow grower too. I am currently set to got to a nutritionist. I had a friend that went, cahnagerd he diet and now she has improved her health and her hair is growing at a faster rate.

As MJ put it "You are not alone...."
I'm about to braid my hair up tomorrow so I don't have to look at how slow it's growing anymore.....and hopefully i'll have a nice length surprise when i take them out.

Hey ladies, first and foremost im glad im not alone!!
Its good to know that there are other out there going through the same situation (im refusing to call it a problem lol).
Ever since joining the boards Ive been retaining my length really well, little breakage jus shedding so retention is something im mastering which is good. :)

The time my hais grows faster, was when i started having a high protein diet, as thehair is also a protein, when you level up your proteins intake, your hair can grow faster than normal.

I started with Spirulina today as a great source of protein, and you can eat eggs, milk, protein shakes and meat and fish.

I think this may be crucial in helping my hair grow, because i eat fairly healthy and work out frequently but protein may be the answer. I have never heard of Spirulina until now so I will definatly research some more.
Thank You!

Try spirulina and chlorella if you haven't already - they're great for so many other things as well. I DC with oils - sage and peppermint eo, castor oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil - this plus steam (for absorption on the scalp - where they hair sits for weeks until it comes out) really helps growth I think. My hair grows about 6 inches/year anyway, I'm just trying to up my rate ... hoping to go from scratch to BSL straightened in 2 years, lol.

HTH.
Hey!
Thanks for your reply, besides the Spirunila I will be trying the oils as well. Matter of fact two days ago i orderd JBCO from sams. So I will be using that regularly. But the only thing is i dont have a steamer which is a real bummer, but i noe the towel trick is an alternative i will look into that more, and i hope u make ur goal in two years!! Good luck. thanks again

I'm not sure y'all will feel about this about imma put it out there anyway. *clears throat* Have you ever considered colon cleansing? If you have a problem with constipation, your bowels are just holding on to the feces causing your body to become toxic. Your hair is in turn affected because it holds a great deal of those toxics without you having no idea. An extensive colon cleansing will eliminate such toxins and your body can perform better, hence having better hair growth. You will also be able to absorb vits better. I did this in Nov of 2008; although I didn't see a GREAT improvement in my hair (I didn't know about LHCF and was not being good to my hair) my body felt better and I saw good results from the Fast Grow vits earlier this year. I am a sloooww grower as well. In Jan. 2009 I cut my hair to about 1/2 an inch and in Aug. 2009 i reach 4 in. Sorry for the long post. HTH

I never thought about this but it makes sense..
Can a person be too young for this or can anyone do it?

As MJ put it "You are not alone...."
I'm about to braid my hair up tomorrow so I don't have to look at how slow it's growing anymore.....and hopefully i'll have a nice length surprise when i take them out.

I feel you girl, funny thing is when i was little when i would braid my hair my new growth was always out of hand after like 2 months, im talking mybe and inch plus..
lol i would do braids but im always in my hair so i cant do it without itching to take em out after 2 weeks, :)

:bighug: thanks everyone for your responses

Another slow grower here. I am not too concerned about it right now though - only thickness.

Hey UGQueen anyone of any age can do it. They even have a system for kidds to use. For further details go to www.DrNatura.com. I'm so glad I did it and I'm gonna do another cleanse here in the next month or so since I'll be taking vits again.

Oh for anyonee else interested the cleanse also encourages you to drink more water (for the water challenge) and it helps with weight loss (for the weight loss challengers).

I am normally a .25 inch a month grower all year round. This summer, my hair was growing .5 an inch a month which I think is due to mn, emu oil and vitamins. I'm not sure I'm going to maintain the mn though, because I plan to switch from protective to low manipulation styling (braid outs) this fall, and the mn/emu mixture weighs my braid outs down.

Back