Am I doing it all wrong???

Good after LHCF family,

I am not new to hair but I am new to being 100% natural. I don't really put my hair in a protective style I just leave it curly and when I go outside I put my satin scarf on and my Islamic attire on top. My hair is growing quickly since I BC but because I don't do protective styles like braids often could the satin scarf effect my ends or hair in general?

Suggestions please...

I mean technically it's not wrong. But if you're feeling really paranoid you can always cornrow your hair under your satin scarf if it's the case that no one will see it anyway. It depends on how long your hair is. Just make sure to moisturize and seal and you should be fine :)

It depends on how your hair responds to being left out all the time. I agree with putting it in cornrows or flat twists as it gets longer/when the ends are older.

I mean technically it's not wrong. But if you're feeling really paranoid you can always cornrow your hair under your satin scarf if it's the case that no one will see it anyway. It depends on how long your hair is. Just make sure to moisturize and seal and you should be fine :)

Yes I always oil and moisturize 2x a day

There's nothing wrong with what you're doing, but I agree hat you'll definitely want to braid or twist it when it gets longer. One, because you want to protect your ends as your hair grows. Two because it's going to look weird having a fro making your khimar lumpy (ask how I know! Lol). Three, because you'll want to prevent tangles and snarls from having your loose hair smooshed down under the scarf or from ghusl.

HTH!

There's nothing wrong with what you're doing, but I agree hat you'll definitely want to braid or twist it when it gets longer. One, because you want to protect your ends as your hair grows. Two because it's going to look weird having a fro making your khimar lumpy (ask how I know! Lol). Three, because you'll want to prevent tangles and snarls from having your loose hair smooshed down under the scarf or from ghusl. HTH!

Lol I wear a satin scarf under my shayla so it lays but I think I will start getting braids more in shaa Allah.

You can also try two twisted buns under your shayla. My friend did that between cornrow installations until she got married.

I have a friend who doesn't do anything under her hijab and she is always complaining about dryness. I told her she needs to start protective styling.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Back