Alternative to Grease?

africa

Hello ladies. I was wondering if any of you have tried any natural or organic grease alternatives that actually work like grease? I haven't used grease in years because of the mineral oil content, but I remember liking the way it laid my edges down.

So...has anyone tried any pomades, butters, etc that work like grease but have natural ingredients?

thanks in advance :)

Oooh, to lay your edges down I love Oyin's Burnt Sugar.

Man I have GOT to find that container!

Try Nature's Blessings Hair Pomeade :yep:

P_H0D_387967.jpg

Ingredients: Nettle,Rosemary,Sage,Pepermint, Thyme, Alfalfa, Pure Virgin Olive Oil, Pure Coconut Oil, Sage Oil, Rosemary Oil, Bergamont Oil, Chlorophyll (from nettle and spinach), Pure Mineral Jelly, Natural Fragrance and Good Intention.

I :infatuated: Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey. I never used grease, but I used to use "Let' Jam!" (I know I know...) and the Hair Honey lays down edges and flyaways the same way the mineral oil junk used to. A little goes a looong way. You can get it from CarolsDaughter.com, or Sephora.com.

Ingredients are:

Corn oil, lavender, rosemary, nettles, red roses, sage, blue malva, marigolds and red clover, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, annatto seeds and alkanet root for color, essential oil of sweet orange and fragrance.

Last edited:
Try Nature's Blessings Hair Pomeade :yep:

P_H0D_387967.jpg

Ingredients: Nettle,Rosemary,Sage,Pepermint, Thyme, Alfalfa, Pure Virgin Olive Oil, Pure Coconut Oil, Sage Oil, Rosemary Oil, Bergamont Oil, Chlorophyll (from nettle and spinach), Pure Mineral Jelly, Natural Fragrance and Good Intention.

This is what I was going to recommend as well. Whenever I feel the need for some good ole' grease, I pull out my Nature's Blessings!!! :yep:

natural oasis has a hair grease that is all natural. its great and smells amazing too. also blue magic has a coconut oil grease that i use that only has two ingredients so its good too and its very light.

MyHoneyChild - Sophia's Hair Grease. It works great, it smells great ... AND ... if you mix it with sheabutter , it's wonderful for your ends during the winter.

Ballerina_Bun;4687917[COLOR=Indigo said:
][/COLOR]MyHoneyChild - Sophia's Hair Grease. It works great, it smells great ... AND ... if you mix it with sheabutter , it's wonderful for your ends during the winter.

I so want to try this:yep:!!

For me, unrefined coconut oil. I get mine from www.nutiva.com and I keep mine in my basement so that it will stay solid. Smells just like coconut cake too.

Oooh, that coconut oil looks yummy...I'm not sure it strong enough to lay my edges down though. I have some and LOVE it as an addition to my deep conditioner

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations! I really want to try all of them because you guys make them sound so great...ya'll about to bring out my dormant p.j. ways:wallbash:

Mimosa honey sounds really good. I used to use Let's Jam and liked it (except the smell) so if it works like that...I may have to give it a shot :grin:

Back