Aloe Vera Juice . . . what are you using it for?

trynagrow

I love aloe vera gel but never used the juice before. Can you all please share what you use it for and any recipes you might have? Thanks.

Moisture spray, lotions, creams, conditioners, leave ins, protein shake in the morning :)

i just started using it in my leave in...so i have no report yet.

but i have been drinking an ounce daily in the morning in my shake for overall health. so far i like it. really helps cleanse the system and aid in weight loss and healthy immune system.

50/50 with water in a spritz bottle. I spray on before i apply my leave-in product and this has really helped reduce tangles. I also spritz my hair to reset my braid out between washes and seal with
a little oil.

I have started using it in my henna mixture and spray with glycerin and rose water daily for summer.

i just started drinking 2oz daily, i use it as a detangling spray, i mixed some with my shampoo, and i am going to try the Kimmaytube leave-in.

I use it simply with glycerine as a spritz.

Yea that's what I use it for too.... a spritz. It really softens my hair, seals my cuticles, and puts some moisture in my hair. :yep:

I also like to drink Aloe Vera juice from time to time. I'm telling you, it is nature's WONDER drug! :grin: I've been drinking Aloe juice since I was a little girl since my grandmother used to drink it everyday and swore by that stuff lol. It really is good for a lot of things. :yep:

I drink a glass or two daily, use it to make my spray bottle filled with water PH balanced, I pour it over certain areas after shaving that I know are prone to get razor bumps, and I live by kimmaytube's homemade leave-in conditioner. Aloe vera helps make any just about any good product more PH balanced. I've even gotten PH test strips to make sure of that like Kim Love herself!

I just bought some the other day. I mixed it in a spray bottle with water and a little of my Dominican Leave-In conditioner. I henna'ed on Sunday and used it after I rinsed the henna out. My hair was very soft and moisturized.... I will continue to use this mixture, I think it will make a great second-day curl refresher for me...

I have some expired Aloe Vera Juice in the fridge and someone mentioned detangling. So now I am using it to detangle my hair b4 washing. I now can same my NTM for moisturizing only. AVJ works like a charm.

I mix aloe vera juice with Infusium 23 and peppermint eo in a spray bottle and use as a leave in or refresher. I also mix avj half and half with water and peppermint eo as a daily spritz. Sometimes I add a little glycerin too. I need to start drinking it to see how it can aid me there also.

kimmaytube leave in

spritz with rosewater,castor oil, glycerin , water and one of my watery leave ins.

drinking and ounce a day.

as a toner.

adding it to my conditioners for co-washes.

mixing it with bentonite clay.

i hated the gel, to slimy.

my mom won't let us touch her aloe vera plant, despite the fact that is is huge.!

Last edited:
I use it strait as a detangler and it is wonderful! I no longer have a problem with single strand knots!

I always add it to a conditioner and oil mix to make a supercharged deep conditioner.

I used an aloe juice and water mix in a 1:1 ratio for the first time last night. I used it on damp hair after I washed and deep conditioned and then sealed with my shea moisture deep treatment mask and oil. I have to say my 4b hair still feels ah-mazing! No knots! No tangles!

Back