Almost to tears -- please help (long)

debyjay

I am sitting under the dryer as I type with tears in my eyes, I just washed my hair and so much came out that I want to just cut it all off and start over. I am at collar bone length, my hair is growing but it is breaking/shedding at a tremendous rate. My b/f who cleans our bathroom asked how I still have so much hair on my head because of the amount he sweeps up. I am so frustrated. I have used aphogee, nexxus emergencee, I deep condition and everything. I think part of the problem may be the two textures -- I now have 6 weeks of new growth (touching up next weekend) then I have about three inches of relaxed hair. There is then about two inches of hair that looks texturized rather than relaxed, then the rest is srtaight relaxed hair. This came about I think, after going to the hair dresser for a touch-up with five inches of thick 4B new growth that I got from Six months of braiding. Please guys, any advice will be welcome. I have a knot in my stomach and a lump in my throat. TIA
Debbie

I wash once a week with CON and deep condition with Le Kair, roller set. I use mango butter to moisturize daily and S-curl and castor oil near touch-up time. Clarify once every 6 weeks and emergencee after touch-up which I do every 8 weeks. Once a month I use keraphix. I never use heat except on Sundays when I wash.

Deby it sounds like you need a touch up. You already washed and rollerset (?) but in the future when you need a touch up and you are noticing lots of hair - cut down on handling as much as possible. My hair was shedding a lot last weekend right before I got my relaxer and I dealt with it as little as possible. Getting your touch uo will help. Never fear.
kiss.gif

Your regime sounds fine. I think it's just time for you to get a touch up.
smile.gif

Thanks Tracy, I'm getting one next Sunday. I am still worried about the middle of my hair where I have the two inches of teturized like hair though. Aagin thanks much.

Just get the hairdresser to pull the relaxer through that section to correct the texture. This should only be done for a few minutes right before you rinse. So you don't damage your hair.

It sounds like you have a wonderful regimen girl
clap.gif

It seems that the prob. may be solved by you getting your touch-up. And then the longer your hair gets, the longer you will be able to stretch out those touch ups because you'll have more relaxed length to "balance" the strength of the new growth and the new growth won't win out so quickly. Does that make sense?

It does, thanks Supergirl, Karezone suggested a corrective relaxer for the hair in the middle that's not straight. Thanks again to you all.

Your hair regime sounds pretty good. If I may ask when did you begin using s-curl? I know it works for some but from my experience, my hair couldn't take it and got weak and began breaking and I only used it 2x a week. You might want to eliminate s-curl if it's new to your regime.
Just a thought...
smile.gif

Back