allandra: Smooth & Sleek

adrienne0914

i know we've been down this road before, but i recently ran out of my beloved KeraCare Humecto. so i decided to give the Smooth & Sleek another whirl. girrrrrl, my hair just loves this stuff now! believe it or not, i only lost like 4 hairs during comb out. i was SHOCKED!
shocked.gif

i don't know if it's because i'm using a clarifying shampoo so that all the buildup is completely gone, but i definitely had a different experience with it this time around. just wanted to share with you!
smile.gif

adrienne

Its not fair... I tried 3 times and it didn't work for me... WAAAAHHHHH!!!....

<smiles> I'm really glad it worked for you! How did you use it?

I bought it too a while back. I wanted it mainly for conditioner washes, it does work very very well. I had to stop myself from using it with my regular wash.
smirk.gif

Hi I am new, but I have been lurking for about 3 months now and thanks to the forum, I bought the Pantene S&S and I love it. It gives great slip and makes my hair very soft. I am transitioning now with about 5-7 inches of newgrowth and this has kept me sane
tongue.gif
while combing my hair when wet.

trampoline.gif

Yippee! It's finally worked for Adrienne. I am so excited.
drunk.gif

Maybe it was the clarifying shampoo.
trampoline.gif

Heck, whatever it was, I'M HAPPY IT'S FINALLY WORKED FOR YOU.
drunk.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sweetcocoa said:
It's great as a leave-in also.....
smile.gif

Helps define the curls....

[/ QUOTE ]

totally right, i use it for braid outs as well and talk about soft spirals....
drunk.gif

Do you mix the conditioner w/ water and put it in a spray bottle? or do you put the conditioner on as is... I love this conditioner, but I have never used it as a leave-in...

Congrats Adrienne.... I'm glad it finitely worked for you
smile.gif

i do not mix it with water. i like to apply warm olive oil to each section and then follow that up with the pantene.

I mix 2 tablespoons with an oil( 1/2 - 1 teaspoon). I then use it on very wet wet hair (I really coat my hair with it). Comb through with a wide tooth comb. Do my coils(twists or whatever). Then with a towel gently squeeze the excess moisture from each coil(or braid...twist).

dstdiva said:
so, now i'm on my way to the store to get some of this. i think you all are enabling my pj-ism!

[/ QUOTE ]
That's right girl.
poke.gif
Go on and get yourself some.
grin.gif

It's the bomb! I love it also!

QUESTION Allandr and Adrienne...Are you implying that I do not need the Kera care if I have the Pantene S&amp;S? Meaning, do they do the same thing?

-lee

leejure said:
It's the bomb! I love it also!

QUESTION Allandr and Adrienne...Are you implying that I do not need the Kera care if I have the Pantene S&amp;S? Meaning, do they do the same thing?

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]
Now you may want to get an answer from Adrienne on this one (since I don't use KeraCare Humecto).

I LOOOOOOVVVEEE Smooth &amp; Sleek. You only have to leave it on for 2 to 5 minutes and it makes your hair feel so soft and silky.

Hmmm Pantene Sleek and Smooth eh?
look.gif
I may just have to pick some up, if it works as well as humecto and it's much cheaper then why not? How big are they? 8oz And how much?

Is Pantene S&amp;S called something else now? Meaning did they change the name slightly? I'm trying to figure out what the bottle looks like and says on the label.
look.gif

Honi said:
Is Pantene S&amp;S called something else now? Meaning did they change the name slightly? I'm trying to figure out what the bottle looks like and says on the label.
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
200.jpg

It says Smooth &amp; Sleek at the top.

Allandra said:
200.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That thing is the Debil!!! LOL It didn't work for me and I wanted to trade it at the NY meetup but the bottle has dissapeared. It may have ran away after I cussed it out LOL

Honi said:
Thanks Allandra. I'm gonna try and see if i can get it at Target or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome.

pebbles said:
Allandra, I couldn't resist any longer. I went out and bought some Smooth and Sleek. I love it!
trampoline.gif
Thanks!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Aww Pebbles. I'm SO glad you like it. Isn't that stuff great? Can't beat the price either.

jazzyfunknastee said:
Allandra said:
200.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That thing is the Debil!!! LOL It didn't work for me and I wanted to trade it at the NY meetup but the bottle has dissapeared. It may have ran away after I cussed it out LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY??? What happened? that you didnt like it?

I realize everything will work differently on everyone so I am just curious...

I have been using this since 96 when I transitioned and ever since it has been the only product that has been consistent in my routine all these years.

Allandra, I couldn't resist any longer. I went out and bought some Smooth and Sleek. I love it! Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pebbles I'm shocked that you're just now discovering Smooth &amp; Sleek. I would have guessed that you of all people, would have a stash of that in your closet.
laugh.gif

VALLEYGIRL said:
WHY??? What happened? that you didnt like it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It did absolutely nothing for me. It's like I put water on my hair. Didn't detangle, give slip, moisturize, nothing. Like all the other products I used, my hair is just a snob I guess. So I got pissed, chucked the bottle at the wall and ever since then I haven't seen it LOL

Back