All you self texlaxers... GET IN HERE!!!

**Jade**

I'm thinking that I'm going to texlax tonight.... ummm... sooo... how do I do it? LOL:grin:

Just get a mild relaxer don't smooth and only leave it in for a little while? that's what I've gathered from previous posts.... I generally use QP's relaxer in regular strength smooth and leave it on for like 20 minutes (ok this was pre-LHCF and when I was going for bone straight:wallbash:) obviously this is not the route that I want to go so should I get the mild (my hair fights back :lachen:so without smoothing I'm not too worried about over processing with a mild if I leave it in just long enough to loosen the tension a bit I think about 10 minutes what do you think?)

I did a aphogee 2min protein about 3 days ago when I co-washed should I do another one then texlax or do one right after the texlax (can you DO that?:ohwell:)

I use a mild relaxer and even add some oil/SAA to it. I have 4a/b hair and relax for about 10-12 minutes. I do it in sections.

It's really going to depend on your texture and how straight you want (or don't want) it to get. I used Silk Elements Mild Lye, added one tablespoon of evoo and applied it to the front half first, rinsed and then did the back. I left it on for 12 minutes and at first I thought that might have been too long because when I rinsed it, it looked straighter than I was aiming for. Now I feel like it turned out just right, and I'm very happy with it. Try a strand test in a couple different areas and see how it comes out. Oh yeah, and I did smooth it while it was on. Check out the pics in my fotki...good luck!

I used Optimum Care Regular - I add probably 1/5 cup of my oil mix (grapeseed, sweet almond, jojoba, lavender). I put silk elements conditioner (lots and I mean lots!!!!!) on the length of my hair. I section into 4 parts and start in the most resisitant area. I finish my entire head in 15min. By putting so much oil in it, I have more time to apply the relaxer and I don't miss any spots by trying to apply too quickly:burning:

This leaves my hair very texlaxed (i.e. curly instead of wavy) which i prefer. It leaves my hair very close to it's natural state, but much eaiser to comb through, and a lot thicker.

The downside is I rollerset, so all though the ends are straight, I HAVE to hit them roots with an iron or else it's puff ball city :hair:

If you prefer straighter (wavy) hair, then put in less oil.

HTH

Thanks Ladies... ya'll have started me in the right direction I think!! I will be hitting Sally's up on my way home from work. I have a question for the past couple of days I've been having itchy scalp... no shedding or anything (or no more than usual) should I hold off on doing the texlax or just make sure I base really well?

I used ORS add a good bit of olive oil to it. . . and pretty much regardless however long I leave on it on. . . it won't get it bone straight

Back