all this rollerset talk.....( very pic heavy; sorry the pics are so big)

shtow

Yall know I'm a direct heat kinda girl, but all this rollerset talk made me bust em out! A few weeks ago I failed mid set with magnetic and ended up flat ironong :lachen:so I got good ol faithful mesh. I love mesh cause they are super easy to roll with and get the roots straight. I did a protein treatment with Moistufuse, evoo, and 2 egss, washed and DC'd with Kenra Moisturizing. I then added the mango butter moisturizer and the Silkening Gloss (next time Ill bust out my Just For Me Detangler b/c combing was a witch:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:). My hair dried in (gasp) an hour and 15 mins, compared to my 2 hours and 15mins with magnetics.

2 Questions:
1). I am thinking heavy on going back to rollersetting to reach my goal faster. I know I can reach my goals with my Sedu but Im sure my Pibbs will get me there a little faster. Help a sista out, what do you ladies think?
2). I hate the bulk in rollersets and how my SO always thinks I cut my hair cause it looks shorter when I rollerset. Anything I can do to make it more sleek and as long as when I flat iron? I have tried the saran wrap method in the past and it did nothing:look:

Last edited:
Looks great.

My hair was much healthier when I was a regular rollersetter.

Faster drying time with the mesh rollers? Good to know.

To help reduce the volume of rollersets, follow it with the saran wrap / silk wrap. (oops, i went back and reread your post about silk wraps doing nothing.)

Try blowdrying or flatironing just the roots and then wrapping it.

maybe you didn't leave the saran wrap in long enough. I normally leave it for 15mins, if I want less curl, 30 mins. HTH

Your hair looks amazing, I bet it feels silky to the touch too. That last pic reminds me of Bey's performance @ the AMA's lol. Are mesh rollers really better than magnetic rollers?

beautiful! your hair came out great! :yep::yep::grin: I use the same rollers except in a smaller size. My curls eventually stretch out in a few days, esp as I add more product to it. I just invested in a hot air brush and it really straightens the curl out with out using high amounts of heat. Its only 250 watts. I attached some before and after pics so you could see. If you notice, my ends bend every which a way. Its because I twist my hair up into a bun, and when I release it, thats what happens. I can correct that with the hot air brush by bumping the ends under and then wrapping daily before bed, but I dont bother because I wear my hair up everyday anyway.

Attachments

• Rollersetting. 007.jpg
    Rollersetting. 007.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Rollersetting. 012.jpg
    Rollersetting. 012.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 58
Your hair looks amazing, I bet it feels silky to the touch too. That last pic reminds me of Bey's performance @ the AMA's lol. Are mesh rollers really better than magnetic rollers?
I dont know if they are *better* but Its a lot more easy to manipulate (gripping and rolling is easier, they dont slip out of your hands due to the wetness) and it doesnt take long to dry compared to the magnetic rollers.

As usual....gorgeous!!! Don't tell me my "not scurred of heat friend" is going to the dark side! Oh no! :D I would love to rollerset.. I'm going try the cheat method....one day. I might have to pick up some magnetic rollers... but how were you able to get those ear protectors???? I asked at Sally's and they looked at me like I was crazy....

LOL to me they are. You get a smoother set with magnetic but mesh are easier to use, dry faster, and get the roots straight. I didnt even bother blowing them out.

As usual....gorgeous!!! Don't tell me my "not scurred of heat friend" is going to the dark side! Oh no! :D I would love to rollerset.. I'm going try the cheat method....one day. I might have to pick up some magnetic rollers... but how were you able to get those ear protectors???? I asked at Sally's and they looked at me like I was crazy....

LOL Im impatient, I want MBL now:lachen::lachen::lachen:. But yall know me, Ill probably go back to my direct heat next wash lol

I just asked one of the ladies at the counter and she showed them to me. They were kept by the tools used to color hair.

beautiful! your hair came out great! :yep::yep::grin: I use the same rollers except in a smaller size. My curls eventually stretch out in a few days, esp as I add more product to it. I just invested in a hot air brush and it really straightens the curl out with out using high amounts of heat. Its only 250 watts. I attached some before and after pics so you could see. If you notice, my ends bend every which a way. Its because I twist my hair up into a bun, and when I release it, thats what happens. I can correct that with the hot air brush by bumping the ends under and then wrapping daily before bed, but I dont bother because I wear my hair up everyday anyway.

Thanks!! I understand the ends, thats how mines look after I bun too.:yep: Im scared of those hot air brushes tho lol

I wish you could show me how they work.:perplexed

Your hair turned out great.

Thanks. They are so easy. I didnt even use end papers. Just smooth the ends on, roll up and I secure with a clip. I used to be scared it would be ugly cause there seems to be less tension as you roll, but it still comes out pretty straight.

This pic is for you, SparklingFlame lol
rollerset004.jpg
Ahhhhhh thanks!!! :lol:

Your hair looks great!!!

It looks swingy!

Thanks!! I understand the ends, thats how mines look after I bun too.:yep: Im scared of those hot air brushes tho lol
the one I use is hard plastic wide bristles brush not nylon or boar:nono::nono::nono:...Im natural so the last thing I need is a brush that causes more damage or something that my hair can get caught in:lachen::lachen:. Its very gentle and doesnt smoke or get hot...its just enough heat to give you a bend rather than using the flat iron...Im going to alternate between the two. Southern Tease introduced it in her blog and now Im hooked!

the one I use is hard plastic wide bristles brush not nylon or boar:nono::nono::nono:...Im natural so the last thing I need is a brush that causes more damage or something that my hair can get caught in:lachen::lachen:. Its very gentle and doesnt smoke or get hot...its just enough heat to give you a bend rather than using the flat iron...Im going to alternate between the two. Southern Tease introduced it in her blog and now Im hooked!
Hmm I will be looking it up :yep: Thanks for the tip. Your hair is very pretty btw!

You won't go back to the pins:grin::grin:. The combo of mesh rollers and clips get the roots straight very well.

When I turned the dryer on after putting all those pins in my hair...it felt like 1000 needles poking me in my head. I'll try the clips tom.

Back