Akiva hair products..

Dolapo

Do y'all see the advertisement at the top of the page? I clicke don it and went to their website and saw some products that sound similar to carol's daughter products. has anyone tried this Akiva? It's somewhat cheaper too..

I just ordered my sample pack yesterday and am awaiting its arrival. Someone on the nappturality.com website raved about their sample pack and another person raved about the Healthy Hair Honey. They seemed to like them better than the Carol's Daughter products. I hope I like mine too, they are cheaper than Carol's Daughter and they are similar.I've heard someone else call them a Carol's Daughter rip-off. Seeing as Carol's Daughter is about to effect a price increase, I would give the sample pack a try.

Is there a special discount code? The ad above says we can get an extra 10% discount.

ETA: I see there is a code, now. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
The PJ in me could not resist a new product line. I checked out the webpage and the products do seem like carol's daughter knockoffs. I am definitely interested in the healthy hair jam, but I wont buy anything since I have a shipment from oyin on the way.

Let us know how you like the products! BTW Dolapo, your boyfriend is a cutie! :)

stcsweet said:
Is there a special discount code? The ad above says we can get an extra 10% discount.

The discount code is given on the next page after you click on the ad. It's in green text.

Eveyone keep us updated on Akiva's customer service and how their products smell. Carol's Daughter customer service stinks and so do their products....IMO. :)

CurlyCrly said:
Eveyone keep us updated on Akiva's customer service and how their products smell. Carol's Daughter customer service stinks and so do their products....IMO. :)

Well, before I ordered my sample pack, I called Akiva's customer service number and asked them whether or not the Healthy Hair Honey was included in the sample pack becaue I did not see it on the website and they insured me that it would be included in the sample pack on the website in about 20 minutes, so I checked back in the 20 minutes and it was indeed on htere, so their customer service seemed pretty good to me. I can't wait to get my package. Carol's Daughter hair products weren't that special for me either, so I hope I like Akiva's.

Thanks! I wanted to try CD's mimosa hair honey, but did not purchase it since I gave away the Healthy Hair Butter and Hair Milk due to them being so heavy and stinky for my taste. :ohwell:

CurlyCrly said:
Thanks! I wanted to try CD's mimosa hair honey, but did not purchase it since I gave away the Healthy Hair Butter and Hair Milk due to them being so heavy and stinky for my taste. :ohwell:

I gave anky my mimosa hair honey last year b/c its too heavy. All of her products except the lip balm were bad to me.

CurlyCrly said:

Well, I used my Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey until it was gone, but didn't reorder it. It had a nice scent, but was too greasy and I didn't want to keep leaving grease stains on everything I put my head on. I also had the Healthy Hair Butter and Hair Milk, but found products that worked better for my hair. I was thinking of trying some of the body products though.

Thanks divine and cocopuff. Well, I'm glad that I never tried the MHH then. I guess the akiva products will probably be heavy too since a lot of oils are used.

CurlyCrly said:
Thanks divine and cocopuff. Well, I'm glad that I never tried the MHH then. I guess the akiva products will probably be heavy too since a lot of oils are used.

I'm not sure if they will be heavy, that's why I only ordered the sample pack just in case I didn't like the products so well. I do have some products that I like that do contain many oils, but they work well for me, so it's a toss up. My hopes are high for these products, though.

Ladies who have already ordered, beware:lol: Not in a bad way,but when they say sample pack, they mean sample pack. I ordered the hair sample pack (only 8.00!!) and the fragrance sample pack. When I got them I was like, now how in the world will I be able to determine if these products are gonna do me some justice? The jars and bottles were so small, they looked like Barbie doll accessories:lol: To my suprise though, the amount they provided was quite enough. I really like all of the hair products, not to mention the sample of the almond smoothie skin creme they scent. I did not care to much for the fragrances though, only the Bliss. Anyway, I will be a customer, for sure and instead of me ordering the hair cremes, I will just order the almond smoothie skin creme to use on my hair, since the smell is wonderful and the hair and skin cremes have the same ingredients in them. HTH.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Ladies who have already ordered, beware:lol: Not in a bad way,but when they say sample pack, they mean sample pack. I ordered the hair sample pack (only 8.00!!) and the fragrance sample pack. When I got them I was like, now how in the world will I be able to determine if these products are gonna do me some justice? The jars and bottles were so small, they looked like Barbie doll accessories:lol: To my suprise though, the amount they provided was quite enough. I really like all of the hair products, not to mention the sample of the almond smoothie skin creme they scent. I did not care to much for the fragrances though, only the Bliss. Anyway, I will be a customer, for sure and instead of me ordering the hair cremes, I will just order the almond smoothie skin creme to use on my hair, since the smell is wonderful and the hair and skin cremes have the same ingredients in them. HTH.

I was just about to comment on the sample sizes of the products because they all seem so small (like 1/4 oz of product). I have ordered sample sizes before and they were like 1 or 2 oz. sizes. Anyway, the Almond Skin Creme does look nice, maybe I will try this out later.

They tell you the size of the samples on the website.
http://www.akivanaturals.com/samples.htm

Contains a good size sample of all of our hair care products
to help you determine which product is right for you:
1/4 oz Akiva's Secret Potion, 1/4 oz Healthy Hair Cream, 1/4 oz Healthy Hair Honey,
1/2 oz Fiwi Hair Oil, 1/2 oz Flowers and Herbs Hair Oil, 1/2 oz Flowers and Herbs Shampoo, 1/2 oz A Fiwi Hair Pomade, 1/2 oz Healthy Hair Jam
and 1/2 oz Healthy Hair Milk

Bublnbrnsuga said:
The jars and bottles were so small, they looked like Barbie doll accessories:lol:

I received both the skin and hair sample packs. I agree, they are seriously small. I used the healthy hair butter sample in like 2 minutes. It smells and feels exactly like CD HHB. I haven't tried the other stuff yet.

but if they're so small, how are we supposed to know how they'll work over a long time. it should last for like 3 uses. sheeesh

cocopuff said:
Well, before I ordered my sample pack, I called Akiva's customer service number and asked them whether or not the Healthy Hair Honey was included in the sample pack becaue I did not see it on the website and they insured me that it would be included in the sample pack on the website in about 20 minutes, so I checked back in the 20 minutes and it was indeed on htere, so their customer service seemed pretty good to me. I can't wait to get my package. Carol's Daughter hair products weren't that special for me either, so I hope I like Akiva's.

Wow! I had like the opposite experience with Akiva. I placed an order for some products. Two weeks went by and I had not received anything. They advertise fast shipping and I live in Tampa(not far from where they are in Miami), so I thought this very odd.

I called their customer service line but could never get an answer and it would end up going to a voicemail. I left a message waited a few days, still no answer and no products. Now its been 2 and half weeks so I send an email giving them my order number and inquiring where my products were. A few more days pass and no response! :mad:
Finally my products arrive. I looked at the postage mark date on the package, and they were sent out on the same day I sent the email! So not only were my products not sent out until I "reminded them" but they didn't even respond back to my email with a nice explanation or apology. Nothing!
:( I didn't pay 10 dollars in shipping costs to wait 3 weeks to get my products!

Needless to say I am very disappointed with Akiva. I have since used their products and they are pretty good but I don't think I will order from them again because I'm so turned off by their poor customer service!

I have only tried the healthy hair honey from Akiva and I love :love:it so far. It's very light compare to Asha's sunkissed pomade and the smell is off the chain.:yep: I didn't experience any bad customer service at all. I sent an email first inquiring about the sample sizes and I got a response by the next day. I placed an order on a weekend and by the Tuesday I received my package. So I don't know what's going on now with the company.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I have only tried the healthy hair honey from Akiva and I love :love:it so far. It's very light compare to Asha's sunkissed pomade and the smell is off the chain.:yep: I didn't experience any bad customer service at all. I sent an email first inquiring about the sample sizes and I got a response by the next day. I placed an order on a weekend and by the Tuesday I received my package. So I don't know what's going on now with the company.

See! A couple other people told me that they got quick responses. I don't know why I was blown off and my order was screwed up like that. Ah well.

dtachi said:
Wow! I had like the opposite experience with Akiva. I placed an order for some products. Two weeks went by and I had not received anything. They advertise fast shipping and I live in Tampa(not far from where they are in Miami), so I thought this very odd.

I called their customer service line but could never get an answer and it would end up going to a voicemail. I left a message waited a few days, still no answer and no products. Now its been 2 and half weeks so I send an email giving them my order number and inquiring where my products were. A few more days pass and no response! :mad:
Finally my products arrive. I looked at the postage mark date on the package, and they were sent out on the same day I sent the email! So not only were my products not sent out until I "reminded them" but they didn't even respond back to my email with a nice explanation or apology. Nothing!
:( I didn't pay 10 dollars in shipping costs to wait 3 weeks to get my products!

Needless to say I am very disappointed with Akiva. I have since used their products and they are pretty good but I don't think I will order from them again because I'm so turned off by their poor customer service!

Dang! I'm sorry to hear that. I hate when that happens. My last order to Akiva took almost two weeks to get here. I called the customer service and asked why it was taking so long and they told me that it was because of the Mother's Day holiday and that it was really crazy because of all the orders. I like Akiva products very much, but I agree that it seems like too much hassle to deal with when you can't get your order on time and the customer service isn't helping.I have had two other good experiences with Akiva though, so I will try to order next month and see if I still have shaky customer service

cocopuff said:
Dang! I'm sorry to hear that. I hate when that happens. My last order to Akiva took almost two weeks to get here. I called the customer service and asked why it was taking so long and they told me that it was because of the Mother's Day holiday and that it was really crazy because of all the orders. I like Akiva products very much, but I agree that it seems like too much hassle to deal with when you can't get your order on time and the customer service isn't helping.I have had two other good experiences with Akiva though, so I will try to order next month and see if I still have shaky customer service

So it took you a while to get your products too? Hmmm..maybe it was Mothers day rush, but I put my order in way before cause I remember being perturbed that I could have had free shipping if I had waited another week.

Still hesitant to order from them again. Efficiency and good customer service is essential for me as a consumer.

Back