After 4 years... me and SO broke up

PanamasOwn

Yea... it happened...

I have been feeling distant from him for about 2.5 months now and it has been driving him crazy. He told me that if I basically didnt change my demeanor towards him immediately he couldnt deal with me anymore... I told him I wasnt going to be forced into being someone I am not just to make you happy especially with all the BS that I have put up with from him... So he packed somethings and left.

I figure if all it takes is 2 months for you to change your mind about me after 4 years and the reason you are trippin is becuz I'm being nonchalant and not acting how you think I should, then maybe you never TRULY loved me.. Sucks to find that out damn near half a decade later.

Bad part is, we still have a 12mth lease to honor :wallbash:

This has been a long time coming..i guess... I just decided to stop being the glue that held us together.. and we broke

I havent cried, nor am I truly sad... ok maybe a little... but I have the opportunity at a fresh new start.. I plan to move to Atlanta no later than the end of this year and really push my career in marketing/PR...

Thanks for letting me vent...

Sorry to hear this PanamasOwn!
Breakups are hard...but we get over them!
Good luck to you mama!
If you need an ear you know we are here for you!

Can you pay a fine and leave? Some leases have a clause that say termination fee is $200 or you lose your deposit. Or lose your deposit and get someone to take over.

That aside, *Hugs.*

Breaking up with someone is so hard, but you have to follow your heart. Good luck with your move to Atlanta.

I just came in to give you a big hug:hug3: Sounds like you have everything together. I feel proud to know that women aren't just going along on autopilot because they think it's the right thing to do and have no concern for what makes THEMSELVES happy. That's what you did. I wish you the best. Don't forget to tell us how ATL is when you get there.

-PK

Can you pay a fine and leave? Some leases have a clause that say termination fee is $200 or you lose your deposit. Or lose your deposit and get someone to take over.

That aside, *Hugs.*

Naw, I checked. I would have to get someone to take over the apt. but we just bought a dining room table and a sectional so I guess we have to make do in the meantime...

I have joined a professional networking org. that hopefully will get me in the door in atlanta... If I didnt have one more semester of school left in the fall, I would be out the door this summer.

Sorry to hear about the break up. Sometimes it's for the better. You may look back some time from now and say that your life is so much better without him. Good luck to you.

I was going to say sorry about the break up, but I'm not going to say that, because sometimes that's the best thing you can do for yourself. Instead I'll say I'm sorry you're hurting, because it has to hurt, afterall it was 4 years! But you will feel better soon. You sound like such a strong woman and your strength will carry you through this with God's help. You'll be fine. Hugs, and all the best in Atl!

I was going to say sorry about the break up, but I'm not going to say that, because sometimes that's the best thing you can do for yourself. Instead I'll say I'm sorry you're hurting, because it has to hurt, afterall it was 4 years! But you will feel better soon. You sound like such a strong woman and your strength will carry you through this with God's help. You'll be fine. Hugs, and all the best in Atl!

I agree with Denise! New beginnings are exciting! :yep:

sorry to hear about the break, but i pray GOD gives you strength to get through. I often feel me way you have. i actually moved to atl 3yrs ago, so if you need info pm me and i will try to help if i can.

Hmmm...I can be off my rocker but wasn't it u that started a thread saying that you were feelin some other guy and therefore begin to distance urself from your SO. I can be wrong, anf im not judging or anything but I'm just trying to figure out if this could be one of the reasons you guys broke up.

Though its sad when a relationship doesn't work out, I'm going to say I'm HAPPY and proud of you that you realized you couldn't be in the relationship alone. A lot of women would have kept it going. The fact that you're not really sad about it speaks volumes.

It does take 2 to make it work and if he wasn't bringing it, well..you know....

You may want to find out about the apartment situation. You may have to pay a small fee to get out of the lease but if the amount is feasible to do, go for it so you can move on with your life.:yep:

-A

Yea... it happened...

I have been feeling distant from him for about 2.5 months now and it has been driving him crazy. He told me that if I basically didnt change my demeanor towards him immediately he couldnt deal with me anymore... I told him I wasnt going to be forced into being someone I am not just to make you happy especially with all the BS that I have put up with from him... So he packed somethings and left.

I figure if all it takes is 2 months for you to change your mind about me after 4 years and the reason you are trippin is becuz I'm being nonchalant and not acting how you think I should, then maybe you never TRULY loved me.. Sucks to find that out damn near half a decade later.

Bad part is, we still have a 12mth lease to honor
:wallbash:

This has been a long time coming..i guess... I just decided to stop being the glue that held us together.. and we broke

I havent cried, nor am I truly sad... ok maybe a little... but I have the opportunity at a fresh new start.. I plan to move to Atlanta no later than the end of this year and really push my career in marketing/PR...

Thanks for letting me vent...

That's the reason why I will NEVER live with a SO :sad:

Last edited:
OP are u me?

EVERYTHING you said down to thinking of reloacting and pursing a career in PR is me.

Same thing happened to me and SO we have been together just under 3.5 yrs though

My SO said hes tired of me not fightin for him and us but i dont have the energy after the state of the relationship the last few months. He came over just now and said he is sorry and wants to make it work but i think i am done.

Last edited:
Back