After 3 years and 9 months I chopped it off (pictures and video)

Maa Maa omo mti

:grin:

It was time. I have been itching to cut it for a while. Instead of talking about it, I decided to do it. Its a week today. I love the look, and the freedom.

Some times having long hair is not the main goal, but healthy hair is always a Goal. My hair was long; but to my satisfaction, it was not healthy and everyday it bugged me. So it was time. If you get the itch don't be afraid, just start over.

Happy Healthy Hair Growing!!!!

Here is a link to the actual video of the day on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ryc7rqBzg

Attachments

• shortcut.jpg
    shortcut.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 137
  • shortc.jpg
    shortc.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 121
  • sideshort.jpg
    sideshort.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 113
I thought the title implied you transitioned that long... The bc looks great and suits you! I'll have to watch the video when I'm on a computer. Congratulations! :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I thought the title implied you transitioned that long... The bc looks great and suits you! I'll have to watch the video when I'm on a computer. Congratulations! :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you. I was natural for 3 years 9 months is what I meant to say.

Thank you. I was natural for 3 years 9 months is what I meant to say.

Gotcha...my last relaxer was exactly that long ago as well. I watched the video and you said you weren't happy with the health of your hair... Do you mind me asking what your troubles were and what you will change this time around?

It took me 9 years to finally transition so I hear ya. It was a tough decision, but its been five years and I've never looked back.

Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Gotcha...my last relaxer was exactly that long ago as well. I watched the video and you said you weren't happy with the health of your hair... Do you mind me asking what your troubles were and what you will change this time around?

Prior to going natural for the first time, I was transitioning. That lasted almost a year. I eventually chopped off the relaxed ends when I was 3months pregnant. I had a lot of growth and I guess a false sense of security about my hair, since the pregnancy hormones made things look like it was ok. After I gave birth, I straightened (several incorrect ways), did protective styles, even put in a self done weave. The weave proved to be bad for me and my hair started thinning, also itching. I also got postpartum hair loss later like 2years later. my hair sheds like crazy, and it's thinning. Nothing I'm doing, oil, frequent washing, protein etc is working. I'm scheduled to see the Dermatology for a biopsy right after the new year to see if its internal/medical ( I have sickle cell anemia). Initial consult she doesn't think I'm loosing my hair; there were no signs of it, but we shall see.

Well recently I met up with some friends of mine that have no issue with cutting it off and starting again to only see great results. So I decided why not. It seems like for those that chop again round two is always better. So I did it.

For now I'm really loving the look, and the compliments, so I might keep this look for a while. I'm washing weekly or every 3 days. I have not started a routine except for oiling my scalp/hair. It still sheds, but not as noticeable, sometimes still itches too.

eta: thank you ladies. My sister(who's the artist of the family) always said that I would look really good with really really short hair. I've done the bob, and other short styles but this one takes the cake. Who knew.

Last edited:
Back