Affirm Fiberguard Fortifying Sustenance/PM Skinny

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
My hair stylist RAVED about this conditioner from the Affirm Fiberguard line. I mean, it sounded like liquid gold the way she spoke of it. It's only available to stylists, but of course sheldeez has it
smile.gif
But it's $40 for 32 oz. and that's the only size available. I am exercising MAJOR restraint right now.
wallbash.gif

She also spoke highly of the new Paul Mitchel Super Skinny shampoo and conditioner and of course I caved. But it wasn't $40
trampoline.gif

Lastly, she spoke very highly of the Dudley DRC-28. She said that it is the best protein conditioner out there
smile.gif

I believe that with the way you ladies talk about it here.

Well, I was only 9 weeks in, but I had to go ahead and re-touch because of my protein mis-hap last time around. It made my hair seem like I had more new growth than I really did because some of the relaxed hair from last time reverted after the protein.

Oh and she said that my hair was really strong because I didn't shed any with the relaxer application, rinse, and neutralizing process.
shocked.gif
Hearing that made all of my hard work/hair obsession worth it
smile.gif

Bye for now
wave.gif

I LOVE Fortifying Sustenence Conditioner. It is a great mild/medium protein with FABULOUS detangling properties. I too think DRC 28 is the best hard core protein. I just love Dudley and Avlon they really do their research well. In the spring I am gonna combine it with Penetrait once I start coloring.

I agree about the Super Skinny conditioner. It does for me what LUST does for LUST-lovers. Well worth the pricetag.

I just got my order of 5-in-1 from Sheldeez . . . maybe I'll look into Fortifying Sustenance, too.

Hey Supergirl,

I bought some of this too. I haven't use it yet. I'm waiting until I do my touch-up with Affirm Fiberguard. I have the Dudley's DRC and I'm not sure what I think about it yet.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

Re: Affirm Fiberguard Fortifying Sustenance/PM Ski

Ballet Bun,

Did you buy the Fiberguard Fortifying Sustenance from Sheldeez too? You will have to let me know if it is worth the $40. That's more than $1 per ounce!

Supergirl,

Why do you post things like this? You know that I am PJ with a major problem and I love the Fiberguard relaxer. I have had the Fortifying Sustance Conditioner and the Keracare Super Reconstructor on my wish list for a while now.

Would someone please post the ingredients?

Thanks in advance,

MissB

OnlyErin, Does the PM Skinny really reduce drying time as the commercial claims it does?

I just got the Sustenance Fortifying Treatment yesterday from my local BSS. It was $21.95 for the 32oz bottle. It says it is Highly Recommended for Weekly Intensive Conditioning Treatments. I can't wait to try it out next week.

Wow! You got a bargain compared to sheldeez.com!!!!

Where did you go, I know a place to get it for a smiliar price but the last time I went one of the clerks made racial comments to me, so that was the end of that. Now I could have an option ?? Please share
smile.gif

The store is in Detroit. They have great prices (compared to sheldeez) on Affirm, Keracare and Elucence. The Fiberguard kit 9-pack is $34.00 at BSS ($65.00 at sheldeez). After comparing the prices, sheldeez is almost double is most cases.

I think shaldeez is rediculous. Also they are often if not always more expensive that buying it directly from avlon.com. I paid 23 with tax the last time I bought it.

The sustenance is one the steps in the fiberguard relaxing process ( I think step 2). Those of you who do their own relaxing are you doing this step or skipping it? If you skip it does it make a difference in the outcome?

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
OnlyErin, Does the PM Skinny really reduce drying time as the commercial claims it does?

[/ QUOTE ]

Luna, I really don't know, because I airdry. I would imagine so, though, because my hair gets dry pretty quickly when I use it as opposed to when I use, say, Humecto. This is an excellent product, tho! I love it. One of my best finds.
smile.gif

OE

Cutebajangirl:
Where do you get the Affirm Fiberguard Fortifying Sustenance/PM Skinny? I've been trying to research on it and I never got any response. I see that you live in NY and I also too. Please let me know if you bought or ordered it. And where do you get the Dudley's protein conditioner? I am also looking for a new protein conditioner because I haven't like the ones I 've been using. I need something that will strengthen my hair. My plan is to go six months w/out a relaxer so I will relax my hair hopefully at the end of December, thats if I can make it! lol
bouncy.gif
Right now I am going strong; 3 months and one week!

Zahira999- You can get the cream protein by dudley's in plenty of beauty supply stores in New York, I am leary of potential product fakes so I would order it online from Dudleyq.com. It is 5.95 there and the shipping and handling is worth it to ensure that it is the real deal in my opinion. The Fiberguard I use to get from this store in Queens but there products are always hit or miss, the time I saw it it was the only one they had and the only time I saw it. There desire to sell to cutomers is severely decreasing ( I think they are supposed to be a distributer for hairdressers and not a bss) and also to top it off, the last time I went there looking for salerm stuff they made racial comments to me. So I am through with them . If you still want the address PM me but I am not giving them advertisment.

Okay, here are the ingredients for Affirm Fiberguard Sustenance Fortifying Treatment.

(please excuse spelling)

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyquaternium-32, Glycerine, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearamine, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Perfume, Sodium PCA, Poysorbate 20, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Polyacrylamide, Citric Acid, Magnesium Citrate, Diazolidinyl Urea (And) Iodopropyl Butyl Carbamate, Simethicone, Tocojerol Acetate, FD&C Blue 1.

PM Skinny

Hair Type:4A/4B
Yes, I heard a lot of raves from PM Skinny as well.
I decided to try it. I have the shampoo and conditioner.
I didnt try the conditioner yet due to loving the nexxus line.
The shampoo was horrible. It left my hair rough and tangly while washing. The positive is that it has a great smell. I wouldnt recommend it, but hey....
Different Strokes For Different Folks

Re: PM Skinny

I've never heard of this PM Skinny conditioner, please give more details, is it a moisturising conditioner?

Karly,

Pleaase, can you get me the name and phone number for that local beauty supply in Detroit? please? I can't keep ordering from Sheldeez at this price.
I am also opening a beauty supply store in Africa (Ivory Coast) where I am from and I was going to purchase a bunch from sheldeez. If I can find somebody else that would agree to sell them to me and ship them to Jacksonville where I am now or in Miami at my cost, that would help a bunch! so please, let me know.

thanks!

Back