Adventures in Texturizing...

pinkowinko

so this past weekend i decided to take the plunge. I had been natural for the past 7-8 years, and was looking for something a bit different from what i'm currently rocking. i got some tips from an old post and then I hiked to the nearest beauty supply store and picked up the Revlon mild relaxer and a liquid vegetable protein conditioner.

so here's how it went down:

i wet my hair with the protein conditioner 10 mins prior to relaxing. i then mixed about equal amounts of protein to relaxer and smoothed it on my hair. i let it work its magic for 15 mins and then i rinsed.

the results:
absolutely nothing. and when i say absolutely nothing, i mean that my hair went immediately back to 90% shrinkage. nothing had changed.

hypothesis:

i think i used far too much protein. i should make a decision to either add it to the conditioner or apply it directly to my hair prior to texturizing. by doing both i created a strong buffer the prevented relaxing.

my apologies for not having any pictures to document it. my camera isn't functioning. but ladies, if you'd like to see what my hair was/is still like, then check out my myspace, just excuse my internet insanity. i don't have any pics of my wet, shrunken state of hair, but just imagine your normal old 4a/b hair that appears to be only 2 inches long.

so if anyone has any suggestions, comments or questions then please bring them on!

Back