Adding oils to deep conditioners

Britt

Hey ladies!
As of lately, I have been adding about a tablespoon of EVOO to my deep conditioners with good results. What are other good oils to add to your deep conditioner? Nothing to heavy as my hair tends to not like oils. Im surprise I liked the results of a small amount of olive oil. I was thinking of the commercial oils that are already mixed, like maybe the Loreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil, it has good ingredients in it and isn't a heavy based oil. Im loving the fact that I haven't bought an expensive hair conditioner in awhile :). I'll save my money for my protien conditione
rs
;)

Really? But isn't coconut oil hardened?
I bought Tropical Avocado conditioner yesterday and can't wait to use it this weekend. Im thinking of adding an oil to it though.

At room temperature or warmer coconut oil is, well an oil. It melts when it is warm, when can be a hassle if you have it in a jar like I do. So I let it harden a little because it is easier to get out the jar that way. Since my conditioner is thick and in a jar I put some of both in my hands and rub together. The coconut oil melts this way.

i added the olive oil yesterday to my cholesterol before I co washed and I got really good results :) I havent tried any other oil though

Britt said:
Really? But isn't coconut oil hardened?
I bought Tropical Avocado conditioner yesterday and can't wait to use it this weekend. Im thinking of adding an oil to it though.

Coconut oil melts really easily in the microwave. Sometimes I don't even have to melt mine if the room temp is warm enough. I mixed some coconut oil and Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner into my LeKair Cholesterol and got really good results.

Britt, what are you using for a deep conditioner?

I messed up and put wild growth oil on hair after I put a deep conditioner on the other day. I just put the deep conditioner on my hair and somehow picked up the WGO and put it on too.. Well, I didn't want to mess up the conditioner so I just left it on. After i deep conditioned, I washed my hair and it was soooo soft and my curls were defined for the next couple of days!! (I'm natural) soo I've been doing this every since my "mess up"/discovery!!

I like olive, also. I also like jojoba and Hot6. I think naptrl is onto something with the WGO, though--I may give that a whirl :).

try it dreem!! It works!! I always had this heavy film on my scalp from using straight WGO so I couldn't do conditioner washes. So I messed around and tried this and VOILA I'm in love!!!

JenJen2721 said:
Coconut oil melts really easily in the microwave. Sometimes I don't even have to melt mine if the room temp is warm enough. I mixed some coconut oil and Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner into my LeKair Cholesterol and got really good results.

Britt, what are you using for a deep conditioner?

Thanks Kaddy for the coconut oil explanation :)

Jen- I use Nacidit Olive Oil with a bit of Olive oil and I like the results when used this way. I leave it on for a good 2 hrs. with a towel. I just bought Tropical Avocado and plan to use it as a deep conditioner also.

Ayeshia- your siggy pic is too cute, I love your curlies, very pretty ;)

I put EVOO in my conditioner and honey in my shampoo. GREAT results. :) Currently I'm using EVOO in my Mizani MoistureFuse conditioner.

i add the following oils to my conditioners:

jojoba oil
olive oil
castor oil (very small amount)
rose hip seed oil
avocado oil

naptrl said:
try it dreem!! It works!! I always had this heavy film on my scalp from using straight WGO so I couldn't do conditioner washes. So I messed around and tried this and VOILA I'm in love!!!

Funny, I read this somewhere on the site that someone was adding oil to their Mane N Tail conditioner. I tried it last night and I loved it!!! I like the feel, but I don't like the smell. If I can't get past the smell, I may change to jojoba. I just poured some MNT in a bowl and mixed a bit of WGO and stirred.

Yummy! :)

Britt said:
Hey ladies!
As of lately, I have been adding about a tablespoon of EVOO to my deep conditioners with good results. What are other good oils to add to your deep conditioner? Nothing to heavy as my hair tends to not like oils. Im surprise I liked the results of a small amount of olive oil. I was thinking of the commercial oils that are already mixed, like maybe the Loreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil, it has good ingredients in it and isn't a heavy based oil. Im loving the fact that I haven't bought an expensive hair conditioner in awhile :). I'll save my money for my protien conditione
rs
;)

your braid out is looking good chica :up: :grin:

Hey ladies!
rs
;)

My hair loves any oil added to deep conditioner. But i get creative too. I'll add coconut milk, hibiscus extracts, honey with olive oil, and organic butters. Even molasses.

I add oils to all my deep conditioners. I especially like jojoba, olive and coconut oils. I recently acquired the Aphoghee EFA Oil Concentrate...which is wonderful...absolutely fab...added this to my cholesterol treatment and my natural 4ab hair felt like butta.

Great thread!!
I love adding 1 TSP of EVOO or Virgin Coconut or Jojoba Oil to any of my Suave or VO5 Conditioners.

Before I put in my braids this week I mixed 1 tsp coconut oil and Olive Oil Mayo Protein conditioner together and sat under a heat source for 20 mins and rinse out and my hair felt so soft. I love it !!!!

I second the EVOO + Honey to deep conditioners. Currently I use ORS Replenishing (bottle) mixed with some Lekair Cholesterol Plus.

I just may have to give that WGO a try in some DC and see what happens.

I add 15 drops of olive oil and 15 drops of any other oil that I’m trying to get rid of to a 3 to 4 ounce jar or tube of conditioner. I stir or shake it well. :superbanana:

My favorite oill that I add to my DC is coconut oil, but I also use heated jojoba, EVOO, carrot and castor oils.

Back