Adding Oils to Cowashing Conditioners

ctosha

I have HE LTR, Suave, Tresemme moisture rich, and HE Hello Hydration. When you co-wash with these do any of you add oils such as olive oil and JBCO. If so would this cause build up if you scrub your scalp with this? Also if this method is used by some how do u add these? For example do u add some to the entire bottle or just to the amount you use to co wash with? Off topic but is Suave tropical coconut considered a protein condish b/c my thick 4ab natural hair is alway in need of moisture moisture moisture

I add it to the bottle. I pour the bottle out and then mix it, or melt the old and add it to the entire bottle. I've even added butters to the conditioners.

I have HE LTR, Suave, Tresemme moisture rich, and HE Hello Hydration. When you co-wash with these do any of you add oils such as olive oil and JBCO. If so would this cause build up if you scrub your scalp with this? Also if this method is used by some how do u add these? For example do u add some to the entire bottle or just to the amount you use to co wash with? Off topic but is Suave tropical coconut considered a protein condish b/c my thick 4ab natural hair is alway in need of moisture moisture moisture

I add peppermint oil, crushed B-12 vitamins and EVOO or JBCO to ALL of my cheapie cowash conditioners, directly to the bottles and shake before every use. I bought some little bitty funnels from Sally that make it easier for those bottles that don't have caps you can take off easily. To avoid build-up, make sure you are rinsing thoroughly and chelating or clarifying every now and then. Suave Tropical Coconut I'd consider a moisture cond. If your hair needs extra moisture, use a bit as a leave in then seal w/jbco, evco or jojoba oil.

I have a recycled conditioner bottle that is a gallon size and has a pump on it.

I throw all kinds of conditioners in there with some oils. It depends on what I have that is what goes in there. It sits in the back of my shower and I love it.

So far no build up. I will use a mild shampoo once in a while to clarify, but so far so good.

For my hair and type it likes it so I am staying this this for now in cowashing.

I am thinking about adding Castor Oil to my conditioners. Since it is so thick, will it thin out in the conditioner? I know it's a silly question, but I don't want to add it to a large bottle of condtioner and then ruin it. Let me know.:look:

I co wash with Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner. I don't consider it protein con. I add EVOO, Sweet Almond Oil, and Honey to the whole bottle. I'm going to buy Avocado oil soon and add that to it as well. I don't experience any build up b/c I shampoo once a week and use a chelating shampoo once a month.

Oh yea, I add honey to all of my conditioners as well-DC's too.

TBaby-- Just be careful you don't add to much castor oil to the product, that way it won't be too runny. If for some reason it's runny anyway, just add a thicker conditioner to the mix, or coconut oil in it's semi-solid state.

Back