ACV rinses and slip!!

Babygurl

Ive been putting off an ACV rinse for the longest after having a bad experience with my first one but I did one today before I did my shampoo and all I can say is WOW
shocked.gif
. MY hair felt instantly soft and I had TONS of slip. Anyone else experience slip with and ACV rinse? If so, I wish someone had told me sooner
laugh.gif

I always have great result with the ACV rinse, it seems to help rid me of all the product I have had in my hair, the trick for me is to make sure that I have more water that ACV in the mixture, or else it can prove to be very drying. I also try to make sure that I use it in the shower. It's definately on of my favorite routines, glad that you had good results this time!!

Yes I love it!!!
I do the ACV- apple cidar vinagar rinse ( part ACV and part water) AFTER I sham and condition it's amazing...like you the first time I did it I didn't notice any difference BUT after trying 7 weeks post it's does wonders

(WOLFTRAP) SLIP is when your hair is so slippery the comb slips right thru your hair.

ok thanks. One other question is how do you put the ACV in? Is it in a cup and you just pour it over your head? and do most people use it after the shampoo and conditioner or before the conditioner but after the shampoo? And what are the benefits of this besides silky hair?

I use about a tablespoonful to a liter of water after I shampoo and before I apply conditioner to my hair. I didn’t increase the ACV ratio because this is what works for my hair. My suggestion to you is that if you do decide to use it make a WEAK solution FIRST and then increase in small increments from there to figure out what ACV:water ratio works best for you. Otherwise, if it’s too acidic it will tangle your hair up and you will hate it.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
ok thanks. One other question is how do you put the ACV in? Is it in a cup and you just pour it over your head? and do most people use it after the shampoo and conditioner or before the conditioner but after the shampoo? And what are the benefits of this besides silky hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a bottle that I used for my ACV rinse today, I used maybe 1/8 cup of ACV to 1 liter of water. I take the mixture in the shower with me and pour it over my head. As far as the order, I did it before I shampoo but a lot of people use it as a final rinse or between their shampoo and conditioner. I say find what works best for you. ACV rinses clarify your hair, give it shine, and close the cuticle. I would do a search, there is TONS of info on ACV rinses. Also, welcome the LHCF!
smile.gif

I did my first acv rinse this weekend and I loved it.
I did my acv rinse before my shampoo and conditioner want
to see if this helps with my flakes.

Does anyone with permanent or semi permanent color do acv rinses? I wanted to do a acv rinse but found out it will strip my highlights & color. WHYYYYYYY!!! I really need to do this because I can't wash my own hair because I cannot rinse it well.

[ QUOTE ]
latia said:
Does anyone with permanent or semi permanent color do acv rinses? I wanted to do a acv rinse but found out it will strip my highlights & color. WHYYYYYYY!!! I really need to do this because I can't wash my own hair because I cannot rinse it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually have a semi-permanent rinse and it has not stripped out the color. I have no clue why, but the color is still there (I would notice if it wasnt). I was wondering what u mean by you cant rinse your hair well??

Hey Latia
I have a semi-permanent color if you can evenn call it that. I use sebastians colourshines and have used ACV rinses with no problem nor color fading.

[ QUOTE ]
hair said:
Can acv rinse be bought in stores. Is acv short for something.

[/ QUOTE ]

ACV= Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse + DI water

Back