ACV Rinse/Pre-poo Tip in New Cosmo & advice

SvelteVelvet

I forgot 1 major ingredient in this mixture when I originally posted 1/2 Avocado

*EDITED* I tried to be a good girl and not start a new thread about it. :p I posted it in the ACV RINSES thread first but it's slowly slipping back into oblivion and I'd like advice please!!

In the new issue of Cosmo they have this hair tip in their beauty section that's basically and ACV rinse/prepoo. I thought "Who at Cosmo is stalking LHCF?" :lachen:

The recipe is ACV, EVOO, well they just say Olive oil, Orange peels, 1/2 Avocado and water. Mix it in a blender, and boil it, or vice versa (trying to remember by heart here) and then coat your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes then shampoo and condition. They gave it as a tip for instant shine.

This pushed me to buy some ACV today, I'm thinking of doing this, this weekend. But, I'm also planning to do my Emergencee, with my wash, as well as DC and I have no idea of the order of steps I should do all this, if I should even do this at all. Is it too much, or will it be a wonderful treat my hair will thank me for? Altogether it's, (not in order) Botanoil Shampoo Treatment, Emergencee, Moisturizing DC, ACV. What would you do and how would do it?

TIA!

Last edited:
based on what you have the order should probably be: ACV pre-poo, poo, emergencee (which i LOVE), DC. let us know how it works out!

dstdiva said:
based on what you have the order should probably be: ACV pre-poo, poo, emergencee (which i LOVE), DC. let us know how it works out!

Thanks! That sounds like the best way to do it! I'm going to do it on Saturday, I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

Bump..I had to edit the ingredients for the mixture, forgot the Avocado. I have the mix sitting on my head right now as a pre-poo and I'm doing the whole shebang tonight. Question about the Emergencee while I'm here, I'll do my own search but if anyone feels like chiming in please do. The directions say 1 to 2 minutes. I thought it was something I'd leave on for an hour and/or sit under the dryer :confused: . Will I be ok if I put a cap on and leave it on for at least 30 min.

Back