Accidental texturizer

heirloom

I ordered the lineage shea butter relaxer but I was sent the texturizer instead, I didn't realise this until I was ready to rinse out. I'm not sure what to do now. I still want straight hair but I'm not sure if I would be seriously damaging my hair by putting a relaxer on the texturised hair. Please help

I ordered the lineage shea butter relaxer but I was sent the texturizer instead, I didn't realise this until I was ready to rinse out. I'm not sure what to do now. I still want straight hair but I'm not sure if I would be seriously damaging my hair by putting a relaxer on the texturised hair. Please help

@heirloom, aww sorry that happened to you. I am not too sure about corrective relaxers. I think there is a thread about correctors(sp). I'll bump it if I find it. Is there a lot of texture left? Have you used the linage relaxer before and got straight results? The reason I asked is b/c I thought I read on the Alter Ego thread, that the relaxer acts like a texturizer.

BTW... Where did you order from? I would contact the vendor and let them know they sent you the wrong order.

Last edited:
@heirloom, aww sorry that happened to you. I am not too sure about corrective relaxers. I think there is a thread about correctors(sp). I'll bump it if I find it. Is there a lot of texture left? Have you used the linage relaxer before and got straight results? The reason I asked is b/c I thought I read on the Alter Ego thread, that the relaxer acts like a texturizer.

BTW... Where did you order from? I would contact the vendor and let them know they sent you the wrong order.

There is a lot of texture left, my roots are now 3c/4a. And no this is the first time I have used the lineage line. I ordered from a vendor on ebay and I have contacted them, hopefully I'll get a response from them soon.

Yeah, I relaxed with this a few weeks ago and it was like I did a texurizer. I was so shocked at how much texture was left that I had to restrain myself from wanting to do a corrective the next day (I was getting ready for a big event). Now, it looks as if I'm over 12 wks post. Good thing is that it is somewhat easy to straighten.

I'm planning on doing a corrective for the holidays. And I checked mine and it said relaxer so I don't know. I still very much like this relaxer though. Just hope this is not going to be the norm with it.

I'd wait at least 6 weeks before doing a corrective. You do not want to risk double-processing.

I'll tag you in the corrective thread.

I had this issue with my virgin relaxer, and even with everyone saying to wait 6 weeks, I re-relaxed all of my hair that same night. My hair is still thick, but not as straight as I wanted. I think if your hair is still very curly and not fine, you can process again. Just my two cents

I had this issue with my virgin relaxer, and even with everyone saying to wait 6 weeks, I re-relaxed all of my hair that same night. My hair is still thick, but not as straight as I wanted. I think if your hair is still very curly and not fine, you can process again. Just my two cents

My hair is a mix of very thick and very fine so I'll slap on some braids whilst I wait the six weeks

It's difficult to see but this is the texture after the texturizer

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131223_024854.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131223_024854.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 105
  • ForumRunner_20131223_024910.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131223_024910.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 102
I've had to do a corrective and I would wait a min of 4 weeks before trying it again. I would also do a light flat iron right before to help with getting it straight. I think sunnieb has done this in the past. I can't remember who.

I've had to do a corrective and I would wait a min of 4 weeks before trying it again. I would also do a light flat iron right before to help with getting it straight. I think sunnieb has done this in the past. I can't remember who.

Nope, not me! I've never done a corrective. ;)

sunnieb Now that is going to drive me crazy as to who flat irons before a relaxer to get their hair straighter. No, I wasn't saying for a corrective. Whoever posted about it does it in general. That's not the method I use to texlax or for a corrective so... *shrugs*

heirloom Are you doing your corrective with the same product (texturizer) or with a relaxer? I don't think you're suppose to mix thio with relaxer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the linange texturizer and relaxer have the same exact ingredients in the same exact order

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

heirloom, I've had a corrective and I always flat iron prior to touch up...always! I have all relaxers including my corrective done professionally. I waited the full 6 weeks to minimize stress on the hair. The stylist applied the relaxer to the underprocessed areas the last 5 minutes of application.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the linange texturizer and relaxer have the same exact ingredients in the same exact order

Saludable84

I'm not familiar with that line. I just looking at the key word texturizer which would normally be a thioglycolate product. Are they just putting different labels on the same stuff to appeal different segments of the market?

Saludable84 I'm not familiar with that line. I just looking at the key word texturizer which would normally be a thioglycolate product. Are they just putting different labels on the same stuff to appeal different segments of the market?

Pretty much because when I first tried I didn't understand the difference. It is the exact same ingredients in the same order. I thought it was thio too, but I read multiple labels and even researched online and it's the same: sodium hydroxide. I think that's how so many women are able to just switch like that. It's just probably less strength but heirloom the relaxer was mild IMO. I thought the relaxer was like a texturizer because it still left me with a lot of texture.

Stick with the texturizer and just smooth the heck outta it.

Wow, how did you manage to do that? I'm not even thinking about the hair as much as I'm thinking how did you avoid not having your already open scalp on fire?

Yeah, I relaxed with this a few weeks ago and it was like I did a texurizer. I was so shocked at how much texture was left that I had to restrain myself from wanting to do a corrective the next day (I was getting ready for a big event). Now, it looks as if I'm over 12 wks post. Good thing is that it is somewhat easy to straighten.

I'm planning on doing a corrective for the holidays. And I checked mine and it said relaxer so I don't know. I still very much like this relaxer though. Just hope this is not going to be the norm with it.

My hair is that texture too and I decided to keep it. I've been using Phyto Index I to texturize it. To get it ponytail straight, I have to flatiron it. While I would love it to be real straight, I realized that my hair is breaking too much when it is too straight. It took me almost ten years to learn this. Now that it's texturized, I noticed I'm retaining more hair and it's fuller. It's almost one year since I've been doing this and while I have some ways to go, I'm confident that my hair will reach its full potential in another two years.

Back