A small but annoying problem

Quinette

Hello ladies,
I have been seeing some truly beautiful heads of hair since I joinced LHCF last june and have been trying to find the right regimen for my hair. My problem seems to be that my hair has grown only 2 inches but it has gotten really thick and I can't do anything with it, I can barely get it into a good ponytail. My hair is about shoulder length and I really would like to wear it down sometimes, but I can't because it's so big. I can't rollerset, I can never get the rollers tight enough, so I just baggie and wear a phony pony. I am in desparate need of a hairstylist but, I don't know where to find a good one. So any suggestion on gaining more length and getting that salon look on my own at home. Thank in advance.

Here are some of the products I use:
CON (green label)
NTM silk touch
S-curl
Fantasia sparklelites gel
WGO
Coconut oil
Jojoba oil
Surge plus
ORS hair mayo
ORS Replenshing pak
Sauve Humecatant conditioner
KeraCare 1st lather

Try some Boundless Tresses maybe? So far I've been using for only about 2 weeks and my bald spots are filling in and I already have nice curly and soft new growth (I'm a 4a/b by the way. Soft new growth for me used to be an oxymoron!! LOL!!) HTH! :D

You can order Boundless Tresses at www.growthspecifics.com

P.S: The creator is Naturallady who is actually a memeber here. You can PM her for more info if you'd like.

omg girl!! I have the exact same problem. i am 7 weeks post relaxer with 4b hair. i just washed it this past weekend and did bantu knots to let it dry . i took them out this morning and my hair looks a freeeeeeeeeaaaakiiiiiiiiiiiiing mess!!! i had to spray leave in and force it into a nappy behing ponytail and put my scarf around the front like a headband to keep it down. i hate washing my hair when its in this stage cause when it dries its super poofy and thick but shrinks up so i cant do crap to it. i dont wanna use heat , until i go to the salon. my last rollerset caused much breakage to the point where my stylist had to trim it and the braid out tangles my hair up and causes my ends to thin.

i use the BB moisturizer and NTM healing serum but it didnt do much to help me but make my hair greasy as heck.

somebody please help me and quinette!!! lol im thinking about just getting braids but i dont want to do more damage to my ends. yall please list some hair styles or ideas to try. if i keep my hair tied up enough after a couple of days it lays down, but i cant wear ponytails (breakage) and i dont wanna flat iron it, but i guess ill have to *sigh* what a girl gotta go thru to grow her mane :D

Last edited:
Sounds like thr Mizani Thernasmooth would help you out nicely. Check out the most recent thread on Mizani Thermasmooth & Bailisi from a day or so ago. HTH

Hey Mzhotniz86 thanks for helping me send out the sos girl. I thought I was the only one.

Thanks lizjoseph and tnorenbergh for the suggestions I will try them both

Back