A single braid for 20 bucks?

Lovelylocs

Is this a good price? This was how much the lady said she would charge. I just want a simple french braid or single braided extension down my back and I want it to look real. I dont know if I want this lady to do it tho b/c two of the ladies who worked there had receding hair lines. Plus, the place looked dirty and the braids looked ghetto. I need tips on picking a good braider. TIA

This is basically what I want. It seems a bit pricey to me too. Maybe I should just do it myself? I want it to look real though.

That's not too bad at all, French braids are braids that everyone can't do, so $20 bucks is nothing, and it takes more than 5min. Especially if you want the braid to be consistent, and firmly in place.

Hmm, I suppose with extensions it would be more complicated.
Lovelylocs, I'd say, if they are guaranteed to do a good job on it, it's money well spent.

I don't think that is too expensive. I mean a single individual - yeah that is too much. But a french braid style, I would think, might take a little more time to make sure it is neat and pretty. But, some dirty ghetto place would make it hard for me to pay the $20.

well a french braid going down the back how long do you want it i guess she has to charge at least that much to make it worth her time maybe $15 not sure

---i cant knock the dirty place when i got my micros in harlem some strange woman saw me and asked if i wanted braids she proceeded to take me to a broken down building and up some stairs at the top was the nastiest place i have ever been to to get my hair done there were sever old 1967 beauty chairs and sever regular chairs all with african ladies doing hair. the bathroom barely had a door and a rat the size of a cat ran across the floor but all in all those were the prettiest braids that i have ever gotten and they lasted about 3mo.

$20 sounds like a good price for a single extended french braid. The dirty conditions would be a turn-off, though. Sanitation is everything!

Yea id have to agree. it does sound like a good price. Anyone can do a french braid, but it takes skill to add an extension and make it look real, and braid tight. I think u got a great deal...it may be because of the dirty location so they have real cheap prices...

Back