A few questions to anyone that can answer . . .

lisatamika

1. Has anyone ever wet set their hair at night without sitting under the dryer and in the morning it was dry? If so, how did it come out, straight looking, or really bushy?

2. What is a braid out? (I may have asked this question before but I'm kinda new to this site and I can't figure out how to find out if anybody answered).

3. Anybody had any good results with Infusium 23 products? I just took some individual braids out after having it braided for about 7 months and so far I think it's working for me. I just wanted to get some more input. I was thinking of switching to Nexus products after I use up my Infusim 23 products just to compare and see which works the best. Any advice?

My mom roller sets her hair occasionally, no dryer, goes straight to bed and wakes up with silky, bouncing waves and curls. Her hair is type 1.

Welcome!
wave.gif

I think how dry your hair would be in the morning would strongly depend on how thickand or long your hair is. I would guess that the thicker/longer your hair, the less dry it would be in the morning.

A lot of braid outs are done by braiding the hair while wet and letting it dry. Once dry you let it out and have some nice waves. Brownrelaxedhair has some pictures of a braid out in her album, as do a few other members.

A lot of people like Infusium 23, and some can't handle the protein in it. Everyone gets different results.

I use Nexxus shampoos and conditioners and have no complaints at all. Again, some people don't like them. You have to try it out for yourself. Good luck!
smile.gif

I have 4b type hair and I roller set on big rollers and go to bed with my hair wet. It's dry and looks terrific in the morning. Now, it is really hard to sleep with those big roller in my head, so I do it once a week and then I wash and roller set during the daytime hours on the weekend.

My hair is 4a/b and I too roller set it on big magnetic rollers after making about 4 ponytails. I go to bed with my hair wet and it is usually dry, smooth and bouncy or almost dry when I wake up. I make my ponytails and roll them up in the back so I can sleep with those rollers (I sleep on my sides). I think the more ponytails I make the faster it can dry although I usually just do the 4.

I don't use Infusium 23 anymore because it kept breaking my hair. I only used it for about 3 weeks or so before I stopped. I just use the Nexxus products which has worked for my hair for several years now.

Back