A brief Introduction

Freesia

So I finally subscribed (after years of mooching info). I just wanted to thank you ladies for your words of wisdom and encouragement. It's been a long hard road filled with breakthroughs and setbacks, but I'm happy with my progress so far. It's all thanks to you.

A close friend of mine who I haven't seen in awhile came to visit last week. He called me up and asked for a ride from the train station. I get there and look around, not sure of who to look for at first, but I find him. He still looks the same, of course. One of the first things he said when he sees me? "Oh. You have hair now." :grin:

To be fair, I've been natural for a few years, and this was the first time he's seen my flat ironed hair. I don't think I've ever explained the whole "shrinkage" concept to him.

Still, it made my day. Thank you.

-Freesia

So I finally subscribed (after years of mooching info). I just wanted to thank you ladies for your words of wisdom and encouragement. It's been a long hard road filled with breakthroughs and setbacks, but I'm happy with my progress so far. It's all thanks to you.

A close friend of mine who I haven't seen in awhile came to visit last week. He called me up and asked for a ride from the train station. I get there and look around, not sure of who to look for at first, but I find him. He still looks the same, of course. One of the first things he said when he sees me? "Oh. You have hair now." :grin:

To be fair, I've been natural for a few years, and this was the first time he's seen my flat ironed hair. I don't think I've ever explained the whole "shrinkage" concept to him.

Still, it made my day. Thank you.

-Freesia
:welcome4:

:click: Any pics of your flat-ironed mane?:prettyplease:

And wow he was kinda rude :nono:

lol! I took a few pics with my cell phone to record my progress. They're not that great, but I'll post some when I figure out how to format/resize them for the forum.

And wow he was kinda rude

Hehe, he didn't mean nothin' by it, at least by his tone. Either that, or I can never stay mad at him long enough to care. :scratchch I do have some crazy shrinkage though.

Edit: Here's one. My hair fluffed out a bit. Always does.

Attachments

• puffy.jpg
    puffy.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
lol! I took a few pics with my cell phone to record my progress. They're not that great, but I'll post some when I figure out how to format/resize them for the forum.

Hehe, he didn't mean nothin' by it, at least by his tone. Either that, or I can never stay mad at him long enough to care. :scratchch I do have some crazy shrinkage though.

Edit: Here's one. My hair fluffed out a bit. Always does.

Awwww your hair looks nice and thick there :grin: I dont see any shrinkage! :yep:

Welcome to the other side!!!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Thank you! It's great to be here. :yep:

Chelz, when I was referring to shrinkage, I meant what I get when I wear my braid-outs, how I usually wear my hair. If I don't braid it when wet, it gets smaller. :ohwell:

Attachments

• braidout.jpg
    braidout.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back