Gah. I had a massage and he started rubbing upwards on my neck lol. My wig started lifting/catching and I was scared lol. I had to tell him.

Wasn't too bad because he said his boyfriends mum was black and wears wigs/weaves/braids/ so he wasn't awkward about it. I wouldnt do a full body massage with a wig on again though lol. I've been for back/shoulder massages where it was fine before.

um I wear my wigs when I go. When they give me time alone in the room to get undressed I simply pin my wig up with bobby pins. I don't have to worry about my wigs shifting around while I get my massage because I secure my wigs every time I put them on

I get massages and ask for them to skip the scalp rub. Spend the extra minutes on some other body part. That way you address what could potentially be awkward right from the start. I don't wear wigs, but I usually have my hair slathered in conditioner and inside a plastic cap and turban tied with a towel. So when I'm on the table, my hair/head is inaccessible anyway.

I'll try the scarf trick. Why didn't I think of that.

My wigs are like the non expensive ones and the material of the cap is thick and not normal feeling/looking at the nape. I never feel comfortable even if they don't touch it.

My two cents would be if you want the head massage then don't wear it but if you don't then go with whatever makes your comfortable.
Personally I love head and face massages but that is simply personal preference.

If I'm wearing a wig I take it off and just have my braids out. I'm there to relax, not to look super cute. Those head massages are everything!

Back