50x More Moisturizing than Reg. Deep Conditioners?

Nyambura

surfer girl
During the Board's down time, I came across an article purporting that this new product did exactly that: delivered more than 50x more moisture to hair strands than any regular deep conditioner currently available. Here are two articles about it: Ionic Conditioning and LHL.com - Ionic Resuscitating Treatment The moisturizing, conditioning benefits are supposed to last one month.

And can anyone tell me how chitosan glycolate, the active ingredient in this product, would interact with chemically-relaxed hair? The only information I could find, so far, related to the use of chitosan glycolate in skin care products, esp. sunscreen, where it helps other chemicals adhere better to the skin.

i saw this article too, and i'm also interested in how this product works and what it will do to chemically-relaxed hair. the way the article is worded, it looks like something essential for dry, overprocessed hair like ours. the price seems a little high for me.
shocked.gif

is there a product that has these properties outside of the salon?
confused.gif

Re: 50x More Moisturizing than Reg. Deep Condition

I've read another article on thermal reconditioning and this sounds very similar , if not the same process... this is not receommended for chemically treated hair or " african american" hair. I'll see if I can find that article....

well the first article said they can use it on african american hair. the second article deals with ionic conditioning which is safe for all types of hair.

interesting articles, i wonder if this technique will be available at our salons in the near future

It seems that you are talking about two different things. I could be wrong, since I haven't read the articles yet, but it seems the ionic conditioning is like the ultimate deep conditioner. While Thermal reconditioning is the Japanese-style perm.

hey sorry....didn't mean to confuse things
confused.gif

Supergirl, AngieK, any of you LHCF members with knowledge about chemicals, please help! Do you know anything about chitosan glycolate? and if it can harm relaxed hair? I know the manufacturers say it can be used on AA hair but I wonder if that's only on un-relaxed AA hair? Thanks in advance for your response!

Oh yeah ~ is anyone willing to try this method?

[ QUOTE ]
Islandgirl said:
interesting articles, i wonder if this technique will be available at our salons in the near future

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Islandgirl
wave.gif

Ideal Silky Hair (ISH) manufactures the product. I sent them an e-mail a few days ago, to see if the procedure was available in Minnesota. They responded today:

<font color="green">Dear (Nyambura):

Thank you for your interest in our Ionic Resuscitating Treatment. We currently have only one salon in Minnesota that offer the Ionic Reususcitating Treatment. Premier Salons International (905) 470-7850.

Please feel free to refer your personal hair stylist to us. We'd be happy to make this service available to you as soon as possible.

Hope this helps and thanks again for your interest.

Sincerely,

ISH Professional Customer Service </font>

Hi Ladies,

I called for ISH for salons in my area that offered. I went for the consultation abt 2 weeks ago. It was a black salon and the owner told me she doesn't recommend it for afro textured hair. She noticed that her clients hair were becoming dry &amp; brittle and she's stopped offering for courser textures.

I asked her why the company is marketing their products to african americans. She responded that its a marketing ploy.

So proceed with caution ladies

Back