4B Texlaxers - How do you style your hair??

jade998

Thanks ladies for taking the time to read this. I am trying to streamline my regime at the moment, I love my hair wet, and I want to replicate that dry.

Now my question is after deep conditioning what do you after. You you air dry, which can lead to frizz and lack of shine, of do you blow dry aand use a curling iron?? Do you roller set, then us the iron. Rollersets don't make my haor smooth, it is too coarse.

I am at a lose, if you can help that would be great!!!

At the moment, I am living in buns but I would love to enjoy my hair, it has never been this long

Last edited:
When my hair was super short, I'd just condition wash n go. now that it is a little longer, I have a different routine: condition wash, apply leave in (humectress) and oil (chi silk infusions or jojoba oil), then a little gel. I usually pull my hair back in a headband or I do twisties in the front. My hair is much more healthy when I let it air dry.

I like your bun....it looks cute! :yep:

I wash once per week and rollerset afterwards. I dry my rollerset under a bonnet dryer set on LOW. I remove the rollers, crosswrap, then cover with a durag and satin bonnet. My hair comes out relatively straight with fullness, which I prefer. (see avatar)

I also like to wear spiral sets and various updos with claw clips, etc.

ETA: correct spelling

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies ladies - I wanted to see if anyone was using heat. I think I will do the roller sets and cross wrap as well. I am just too lazy to rollerset every week, but it might get better as time goes on.

Any more suggestion.

I use direct heat rarely (i.e 1-2x per year) b/c my hair is fine and can't take more than that. What works well though is to blow dry - without comb attachment - on medium, just by holding the hair taught. I get my hair surprisingly straight that way. And then I can pass the flat iron on low-med once or twice to finish it up. It is not bone straight, but comes out very nice anyways. Otherwise I wash and go, with air-drying or with the diffuser in the winter.

If Im doing a wash n go I use either homemade curl pudding and serum, or wave by design lotion and spray and scrunch it. My hair has a mind of its own so sometimes it looks good and sometimes it looks crazy...lol. Wash n gos are my staple summer style, but I cant get them to last more than a day for me. As soon as I lay down on it, its a wrap! Dont pass go, dont collect $200, go straight to jail....:grin:

Otherwise Ive been airdrying in a ponytail and a scarf for a smoother look when I do updos/protective styles.

I plan to try to start rollersetting. I dont get the shine I want from airdrying. Ill probably blow out the roots and wear it curly for a day or two, then wrap it the rest of the time. Ill wash once or twice a week.

During the winter months either in a bun or braids with/without extensions.
During the spring summer i'll be rocking braidouts.
Knock on wood lol.

I rarely straighten my hair. Maybe once every 3-4 months. I WnG all year long. Mine never come out frizzy. Frizzy is created by manipulating the hair too much while drying. It's all in the technique. :yep:

Last edited:
hmmm... maybe that is my problem, too much manipulation. When I blow dry my hair, I should get ready for very dry hair. So I try to airdry with lotion. My hair has a very nice pattern wet and it dries frizzy. I don't and can't be botthered to use heat, I get scared, my hair has never looked this good :D and I am scared of waking up bald headed from heat abuse

I think I need to get my product down - Hw do you guys do you wash and go as in what products and methods do you use. Sareca and aliceo, how you get you hair to look like that = moisturised and defined.

Thanks again ladies ..ehmm leslie C what is the recipe of that homemade curly pudding.

Back