4a/b Ladies Only - Relaxers

MzThang

What relaxers do you use. I am currently seeking another relaxer. I want to try Affirm or Elasta QP. I would really like to hear your input.

Revlon Realistic Mild (Lye). works great and doesnt make my hair that funky brown color like no-lye relaxers did when i used to use them years ago.

Avoid Elasta QP(reg) if you want bone straight hair. I relaxed with it last Saturday and its only 70-80% straight. All this after my stylist said that it didn't seem to be breaking down so she put a plastic cap on me for about 10 minutes.

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
Revlon Realistic Mild (Lye). works great and doesnt make my hair that funky brown color like no-lye relaxers did when i used to use them years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off topic, but Jainygirl, it's funny that you got the funky brown from no-lye. I get it from lye and it is more like a reddish brown...Anyway...
scratchchin.gif

BTW, I've used Mizani for YEARS.

*****= great
****= very good
***= good
**= OK/ passable
*= BAD

*****Affirm-Lye-->got my hair silky and straight.
****Design Lye--> was very good
**Motions Lye--> Was OK. It was passable
***Vital--> was good mainly after taking out braids considering had so much new growth.

My stylist uses Motions and I like it. A lot of people seem not to, but I haven't had any problems with it.

[ QUOTE ]
ubavka123 said:
[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Off topic, but Jainygirl, it's funny that you got the funky brown from no-lye. I get it from lye and it is more like a reddish brown...Anyway...
scratchchin.gif

BTW, I've used Mizani for YEARS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reddish brown color is kinda cool!

i like the elasta relaxer. I guess i'm one of thpse rare heads who dont care for affirm.

Elasta straightens my hair rally well and i've had minimal problems since iusing it.

Back