4a/4b Naturals ...What Do You Use To Flat iron/Press Hair?

sterry

Hello Ladies,

It has been a long time since I had pressed or flat iron my hair.

I did the other day.
I used Creme of Nature shampoo and Regis Hydrating Balm as a conditioner.

I applied a heat protectant and an Indian Almond Coconut oil.
I pressed the roots and hair and then flat iron on a low heat. And though I got a soft press there was no swing.
My hair sits a little below my shoulders and all it did was bunch out. It curled up and stuck out on the sides instead of laying flat as it would when one has a relaxer. Any suggestions for a smooth flowing press?
Products that you may use?

sterry said:
Hello Ladies,

I did the other day.

I pressed the roots and hair and then flat iron on a low heat. And though I got a soft press there was no swing.
My hair sits a little below my shoulders and all it did was bunch out. It curled up and stuck out on the sides instead of laying flat as it would when one has a relaxer. Any suggestions for a smooth flowing press?
Mine did the same thing, and as soon as the weather changed, so did my hair, all poofed up :s:s

I noticed that the more I put on my hair when I press it, the less swing it has. So now I use the least product possible. A lil wild growth oil and/or Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. After the press is when I add more product (oil) if needed. Also I use a Maxiglide. A life saver!
Edited to add: I only press/flat iron my hair after a set. Usually big braids. I undo them and press small parts at a time.

sterry said:
Hello Ladies,

I did the other day.

Well, I'm not natural but you know I'm gonna jack this thread and say CHI SILK INFUSION!!!!!!!!!!

Back