3C Ladies, what's the best relaxer to rid yourself of curls?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am going to relax soon and I am still debating on whether to let a pro do it or do it myself. Can someone give me a tip on a great relaxer that gets rid of the curls? Revlon Realistic is what I was using to texlax and that relaxer is so weak, I could leave it on my hair for an hr. with no lessening of the curl whatsoever.:ohwell: What do u ladies suggest? Perhaps I should let a pro do my first relaxer and do my touch ups from there....:scratchch

I'd go to a professional if I were you, especially since you are already texturized, which means they will be putting the relaxer on all of your hair. Good luck with getting your hair straight girl because if your hair is really resistant to straightening, I don't know, you may end up needing a really strong/harsh relaxer that could cause damage to your scalp. Anky and several ladies have the same problem and they just had to accept the waviness.

I think our hair really does have a memory and that's why when some of us got relaxers initially it took because maybe were always having our hair pressed. It seems like going natural or stretching for long periods awakens the hair's memory and it wants to stay curly, wavy, coily and/or kinky. LOL that's just a theory I have.

Good luck to you.

Back